Semi-OT: Wayne Dyer dead at 75

Kevin M.

Aug 31, 2015, 1:03:36 AM8/31/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
There was a while (most of the '90s) when you couldn't turn on PBS without seeing Dyer preaching about the power of you, or living in the now, or centering your mass, or whatever other bit o' jargon he was dishing out. In the obit I discovered he was born and raised in the same part of Detroit as my mom, and at the same time, but I have no family connection, which means he must not have been raised Lutheran.

Tom Wolper

Aug 31, 2015, 11:54:18 AM8/31/15
to TV or not TV
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 1:03 AM, Kevin M. <drunkba...@gmail.com> wrote:
There was a while (most of the '90s) when you couldn't turn on PBS without seeing Dyer preaching about the power of you, or living in the now, or centering your mass, or whatever other bit o' jargon he was dishing out. In the obit I discovered he was born and raised in the same part of Detroit as my mom, and at the same time, but I have no family connection, which means he must not have been raised Lutheran.

I first remember him from Tom Snyder's Tomorrow Show back in the late seventies when I really should have been in bed. He left a favorable on me but I can't imagine 30 books' worth of good advice from him.