TNT Hands Out Renewals to 'Ship', 'Skies', 'Crimes'

Mark Jeffries

Jul 18, 2014, 12:43:59 PM7/18/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The Amblin co-produced SFer "Falling Skies" will be back for its fifth and final summer with 10 eps next year on the Turner channel, along with the Michael Bay pirate drama "The Last Ship" (13 eps in its second season), both shows that seem to have TNT shaking off its blue sky procedural image, and a fourth 15-ep season for the "Closer" spinoff "Major Crimes," second in cable to fellow TNT series "Rizzoli & Isles," which indicates that they haven't really shaken off that blue sky procedural image:

And in case anyone from EW or its satellite radio channel is reading this, Angie Harmon is Rizzoli and Sasha Alexander is Isles.  Boom.

M-D November

Jul 19, 2014, 1:10:16 AM7/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I thought "The Last Ship" was a military drama set in the not-too-distant post-pandemic future...?

Doug Fields

Jul 19, 2014, 2:54:42 AM7/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
You're correct. I initially read the "pirate drama" comment as snarky sarcasm, but now you've got me thinking Mark made a mistake. :)

Doug Fields
Tampa, FL

Mark Jeffries

Jul 19, 2014, 12:30:02 PM7/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I got it mixed up with the Michael Bay show on Starz.  Oops.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

M-D November

Jul 19, 2014, 10:54:22 PM7/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
That's "Black Sails", not to be confused with "Blackbeard" on NBC.

David Bruggeman

Jul 20, 2014, 1:24:31 AM7/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
While Blackbeard is the lead, the program is called Crossbones.  Don't know why.

David

Jul 21, 2014, 3:33:52 PM7/21/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, dbr...@alumni.whitman.edu, bru...@yahoo.com
Right! Consarnit!