#ferguson coverage

Kevin M.

Nov 24, 2014, 10:29:37 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
CNN has dispatched some of their worst reporters to the streets of Ferguson, and they are now getting accosted and pelted with tear gas.

Silver linings.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Kevin M.

Nov 24, 2014, 10:39:08 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Don Lemon has been overcome by tear gas twice in ten minutes.
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

David Bruggeman

Nov 24, 2014, 10:54:30 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't he know that there are things he can do to fight back?  </sarcasm>

David

Nov 24, 2014, 11:02:33 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 7:54 PM, 'David Bruggeman' via TVorNotTV <tvor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Doesn't he know that there are things he can do to fight back?  </sarcasm>

You're welcome for that setup.

People are going to make Lemon getting gassed their screen saver.

What both amuses and annoys me is the reporters on scene mistake being on scene with actual journalism. There's no journalism taking place. It is nothing more than eye-witness news. No questions. No investigations. No gathering or sharing of facts. No interviews with connected individuals. So if Don Lemon and his gang of idiots don't want to do their jobs, the least we as viewers can hope for is they get repeatedly gassed and pelted with rubber bullets.
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Doug Eastick

Nov 24, 2014, 11:04:25 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
and to think I've been watching NFL football waiting for another amazing one-handed catch.

I didn't know CNN had comedy?

Doug Eastick

Nov 24, 2014, 11:06:15 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Joe - okay, if you are going to use HTML markup comedy, at least use the proper end-tag </sarcasm>.  you must be an MS-DOS guy :)

Kevin M.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:12:35 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Doug Eastick <eas...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:
Joe - okay, if you are going to use HTML markup comedy, at least use the proper end-tag </sarcasm>.  you must be an MS-DOS guy :)

Perhaps he was accessing his sarcasm directory?

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Doug Eastick

Nov 24, 2014, 11:17:28 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
hadn't thought of that.  Perhaps he has a directory of SARCAS~1.TXT and SARCAS~2.TXT files for reference.

Kevin M.

Nov 24, 2014, 11:19:07 PM11/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
10 Print "sarcasm"
20 Goto 10
Run
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Steve Timko

Nov 25, 2014, 4:01:39 AM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, tvor...@googlegroups.com

I was watching the live streaming MSNBC coverage and had to stop. The reporters in the field kept speculating on what happening and how people felt. They didn't know so they had to qualify It by saying probably. It was disgusting.

Sent from Blue Mail

Joe Hass

Nov 25, 2014, 8:01:42 AM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Doug: I was. Also, it was past my bedtime, and I think I held down the slash button too long, flipping it. This is why I hired my own QA team.

Kevin: It takes up a full 8 GB flash drive.

Doug: You're right: nothing but text files.

Kevin: Basic > MS-Dos > HTML. You win.

Sidebar: I once derailed an entire unrelated conversation by putting an errant self-closing tag in a post, devolving it from something important into a discussion of HTML 5 and browser capabilities.

Bob Jersey

Nov 25, 2014, 10:00:11 AM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

At least network coverage hit 'pause' on primetime, tho not sure exactly what that did to/for DWTS or The Voice.

Jon Delfin

Nov 25, 2014, 2:09:52 PM11/25/14
to tvornottv
No idea about Voice, but DWTS ran long, and Castle was joined in progress. Because really, who needs to see a mystery story from the beginning?

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

At least network coverage hit 'pause' on primetime, tho not sure exactly what that did to/for DWTS or The Voice.

John Edwards

Nov 25, 2014, 2:29:42 PM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Doesn't that just make it more mysterious?

Besides, the only "mystery" involved in Castle is how long it will take to prove the pretty "writer"-dude right and the prettier cop-lady wrong.

John
--
John Edwards
"You can insure against the weather, but you can't insure against incompetence, can you?" - Phil Tufnell

David Lynch

Nov 25, 2014, 2:37:30 PM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Jon Delfin <jond...@gmail.com> wrote:
No idea about Voice, but DWTS ran long, and Castle was joined in progress. Because really, who needs to see a mystery story from the beginning?

At least here, NBC didn't cover the full announcement from St. Louis, only the President's statement, so The Voice was only minimally affected, if at all. Not sure if they delayed "State of Affairs" or joined it in progress.

CBS delayed Scorpion until 9:29, but then took a chunk out of the middle when POTUS spoke.

--
David J. Lynch
djl...@gmail.com

Joe Hass

Nov 25, 2014, 6:00:44 PM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

According to USAT, ABC they cut in without stopping, which, of course, started a Twitter war.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2014/11/24/dancing-with-the-stars-fans-blast-abc-ferguson-interruption-finals-for-ferguson-news/

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014, 09:00 Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

At least network coverage hit 'pause' on primetime, tho not sure exactly what that did to/for DWTS or The Voice.

Kevin M.

Nov 25, 2014, 8:35:11 PM11/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Joe Hass <hassg...@gmail.com> wrote:

According to USAT, ABC they cut in without stopping, which, of course, started a Twitter war.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2014/11/24/dancing-with-the-stars-fans-blast-abc-ferguson-interruption-finals-for-ferguson-news/

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014, 09:00 Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

At least network coverage hit 'pause' on primetime, tho not sure exactly what that did to/for DWTS or The Voice.

Nobody who complained about interrupting Dancing With The Stars should be allowed to vote

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

bermuda999

Nov 26, 2014, 2:31:42 AM11/26/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Nobody who felt informed by the rambling and whining self-serving media-blaming witness-disparaging pat on the back that Bob McCulloch delivered to himself should be allowed to vote.  Wait, are we talking about DWTS voting or 15th-Amendment-type voting?

Bob Jersey

Nov 26, 2014, 10:46:50 PM11/26/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Soledad O'Brien, whose recurring CNN series explores a similar topic, weighs in on it to TheWrap's Jordan Charlton (link), and I think she's not pleased.

Kevin M.

Nov 26, 2014, 11:01:13 PM11/26/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I adore Soledad and want to have her baby. I recall her on the early days of MSNBC and how frustrated -- visibly... on air -- she was at the dumbing down of her tech-based series (the open disdain on her face when she had to interact with the computer animated character is unforgettable). I've seen her try to adapt to daytime, mornings, and prime time on a few networks without success. She's pandered a few times and recoiled from it every time. I do believe it'd be good to have her boots on the ground in Ferguson, which is exactly why she isn't there. CNN and the others didn't send people to report the news; they sent people to get footage of fires and tear-gassing and looting and whatever devastation they could find. As the grand jury's decision wasn't released until the evening, it was a coordinated media effort, and with the national guard being held back despite the declaration of a state of emergency days before, the governing bodies wanted a perverted lesson to be learned, too. This is America now. We don't get Soledad. We get Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo. We don't get law enforcement that serves and/or protects. We get a heavily armed military force that gets away with murder.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

Soledad O'Brien, whose recurring CNN series explores a similar topic, weighs in on it to TheWrap's Jordan Charlton (link), and I think she's not pleased.

---