NBC Casts Williams as 'Peter Pan'

Ron Casalotti

Jul 30, 2014, 2:54:44 PM7/30/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
No, not Brian, but daughter Allison ("Girls") will play the boy that won't grow up, keeping with the traditional casting. She did sing on the most recent season of Girls, so this might just work..

Ron Casalotti
Wayne, NJ

M-D November

Jul 30, 2014, 3:52:14 PM7/30/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
My first thought was simply "Nepotism!", but apparently Allison has classical voice training (not that classical training always translates for musical theater, but...) and she looks impish enough, so yeah...this could work.  (Hell, as casting disasters go, this doesn't come close to Carrie as Maria.)

David Bruggeman

Jul 31, 2014, 1:57:39 PM7/31/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Dad was, well, a Dad about it last night.

David

Aug 1, 2014, 9:16:13 PM8/1/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Joe Hass <hassg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Really: once you see the photo of her in a Peter Pan outfit from (probably) age three, complete with the off-the-record background "family sources" quote, that pretty much eliminates any possible irritation you might get from this.

And Ms Williams has been discussed on this board once before, about four years ago: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tvornottv/8cPRyzNBlBA/discussion

I loved it then, and still love it now. I would much rather watch a 2 hour musical that forms the background for this number than the god awful Peter Pan.