Polly Bergen Dies at 84

Mark Jeffries

Sep 20, 2014, 6:07:24 PM9/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The actress and singer won an Emmy in 1958 for playing Helen Morgan on "Playhouse 90""s "The Helen Morgan Story," was nominated for Emmys for "The Winds of War," its sequel "War and Remembrance" and "Desperate Housewives," hosted her own NBC variety show in 1957 and served stints as a panelist on "To Tell the Truth" in both its original CBS prime time run and its NBC daytime revival in 1990--she also appeared in many films, recorded albums and made night club appearances, got a Tony nomination for a 2001 Broadway revival of "Follies" and started her own cosmetics company, which she sold to Charles of the Ritz for a substantial profit:

Ed Dravecky

Sep 21, 2014, 10:11:02 AM9/21/14
to TV or Not TV
Polly Bergen was one of my favorite game show panelists, a fine
actress, and a good first female President of the United States. (Too
bad the rest of "Kisses for My President" wasn't as good as she was.)
She was even good as the mother of the first female President of the
United States on "Commander in Chief". (Too bad that show was a
muddled disaster.)

Here's hoping Game Show Network manages to whip together a tribute week.

--
Ed Dravecky
Dallas, Texas