Bristology: Provider accuses sports giant of bundling

Bob Jersey

Sep 11, 2014, 11:25:40 AM9/11/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Cedar Falls, Iowa, a college town my folks once passed through when they owned a travel trailer, includes cable among its public utilities... it's not that they don't love and appreciate the Woildwide Leadah (after all, travelling to just one of the events they carry costs a lot more, unless it's at Northern Iowa), they just can't understand why SEC Network (gawd, is that crazy conference reaching that far north and west?) and Fusion (who's that of interest to? a few Latino students?) have to be taken along with the sportive offerings... the utility's blog (link), note the lone commenter...

A WashPost blogger (link) who monitored this reminds folks of the study suggesting a far-greater cost for not bundling, and was told by a spokesperson that ESPN's deal was made with a national co-operative of cablers of which the Cedar Falls system is a supposedly-willing member...

Brad Beam

Sep 11, 2014, 9:45:33 PM9/11/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

From: tvor...@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvor...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Bob Jersey

>they just can't understand why SEC Network (gawd, is that crazy conference reaching that far north and west?) and Fusion (who's that of interest to? a few Latino students?) have to be taken along with the sportive offerings... the utility's blog (link), note the lone commenter...

A March blog post from the utility explains that, after a vote, the Viacom channels* would be dropped. Channels both new and triple-digit were brought in as replacements, and a guide was posted on how to view Viacom programs online.

http://blog.cfu.net/2014/03/why-were-changing-cable-channel-lineup.html

*MTV, VH1, CMT, Nickelodeon, BET, Comedy Central, Spike, TV Land, CMT Pure, VH1 Classic, VH1 Soul, MTV2, MTV Hits, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, Teen Nick, Palladia

_  _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw