Keith in the afternoon

Brad Beam

Aug 27, 2014, 8:52:45 AM8/27/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

After spending a year in Outer Time-Slot Mongolia (11pm-ish), “Olbermann” will be moving to the 5p ET hour on the Deuce, pairing up with “Outside The Lines” starting September 8. (He’ll also make occasional hosting appearances on The Big Show, v.1.)

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/keith-olbermanns-show-moves-to-afternoons-will-return-to-anchor-sportscenter.html

_  _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74mw

Joe Hass

Aug 27, 2014, 11:15:25 AM8/27/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
First, bonus points for Keith channeling Warner Wolf.

Second, the day KO shows up on The Big Show, I will fight hell and high water to watch that open.

Third, I really thought the world had more time than a week and a half, but, hey: what are you gonna do?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

PGage

Aug 27, 2014, 1:06:10 PM8/27/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 5:52 AM, Brad Beam <b.b...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

After spending a year in Outer Time-Slot Mongolia (11pm-ish), “Olbermann” will be moving to the 5p ET hour on the Deuce, pairing up with “Outside The Lines” starting September 8. (He’ll also make occasional hosting appearances on The Big Show, v.1.)

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/keith-olbermanns-show-moves-to-afternoons-will-return-to-anchor-sportscenter.html

At first I thought the lead was being buried here, which is that the length of KO's show is being cut by 50%. But I guess most of what is being cut will be highlights, since at 2:00 pm (PT) there will not be much to report most days. That makes pairing him with OTL logical, and "Olbermann" will mostly be the topical opinion stuff, not the daily sports news wrap-up stuff. I can live with that, though I do like to hear Keith recap the daily MLB events. It will also make it easier for me to record during the day (even on the east coast do many people get home from work in time to watch television live at 5:00?) and watch maybe after my Stewart/Colbert hour, which would make a nice fit.

M-D November

Aug 27, 2014, 1:50:10 PM8/27/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but doesn't this also mean the death of "Bob Slurm"?

Greg Diener

Aug 27, 2014, 4:21:36 PM8/27/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:50:10 PM UTC-4, M-D November wrote:
Yes, but doesn't this also mean the death of "Bob Slurm"?

Dear god don't get me started on that crap.

Greg

David Bruggeman

Aug 27, 2014, 4:28:16 PM8/27/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The half-hour format *might* give the show a bit of discipline to shorten some of KO's longer, non-comment bits (Tony Bruno, Hello!).  I won't hold my breath for having them eliminated.

David