Quickie Review: Celebrity Name Game

David Bruggeman

Sep 22, 2014, 10:19:02 PM9/22/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
In the DC market, the show runs at 6 pm and 10 pm (different episodes, at least tonight).

The closest thing to it on right now is probably Hollywood Game Night with Jane Lynch.  That said, celebrities are not as big a part of the game play and Ferguson is much more energetic (and really seems to enjoy himself).  He also has no problem teasing contestants (and celebrities) when they screw up.

I prefer games where I don't know the answers rather than ones like this where you're watching, so this likely won't be in my DVR.  But if I had a half hour to kill, it would certainly keep my interest.

David

David Lynch

Sep 22, 2014, 11:11:03 PM9/22/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
My thought as I was watching it was that 25 years ago, contestants and celebrities the name categories in The $__,000 Pyramid, and the producers of CNG (and man did I see a lot of them credited) went and turned that into an entire half hour.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

David J. Lynch
djl...@gmail.com

Karen Owen

Sep 24, 2014, 2:58:03 PM9/24/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I watched the first 2 shows that were on Monday evening.
It's also on here at 10:30 am. I would
maybe watch again if I happened to see it on, but I don't think
it's worth the DVR time and space to try to record every day.
I'm guessing the intention of the show is to have the contestants
describe the person or place names that come up in the game,
but the contestants seemed to me to not know how to describe
a lot of the names and ended up passing or doing charades
style clues.

---