'From PRI, Public Radio International--I'm Jon Stewart..." (?)

Mark Jeffries

May 4, 2015, 2:20:46 PM5/4/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Reporter for upstate NY's North Country Public Radio Brian Mann makes the case that Jon's more a Terry Gross or an Ira Glass than a Dave or BriWi:

The problem I see is that the far right will only increase their "Jonathan Liebovitz" crap, while the humorless hardcore public radio audience will complain about his shouting and that he doesn't sound like Noah Adams (just like they did about Tavis Smiley) and that he's a commercial broadcasting stooge and phony asskisser for evil corporate capitalist AmeriKKKa (just like they complain about the former Top 40 DJ, MTV programmer and founder of E! who now runs NPR).  But Smiley does have a weekly public radio show to go with his PBS show, so who knows?

Tom Wolper

May 4, 2015, 2:58:19 PM5/4/15
to TV or not TV
The idea here for Jon, and Dave and Jay as well for that matter, is that they are tied to working in front of mass media audiences and now they are supposed to be finding ways to get in front of audiences again. What these men all share is they have enough money to sit back and take their time to discover what it is they really want at their ages. While Jon Stewart might be ideal as a public radio host, why would he want to work for NPR and have to deal with their internal politics? He has a following that will look for him on any platform.