Semi-OT: Miller & Carolla podcast

Kevin M.

Jan 29, 2015, 7:40:02 PM1/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Two unfunny people, Dennis Miller & Adam Carolla, are teaming up for a new podcast set to debut in the coming days. Subscriptions to the feed have already made it the top comedy podcast on iTunes, proving people have a high tolerance for pain.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Steve Timko

Jan 29, 2015, 7:53:58 PM1/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Adam Carolla recently fired his female sidekick, Alison Rosen. Her comebacks to him were frequently the best part of the show. I wonder if this is part of an overall reorganization.
People say Miller stopped being funny when one writer left him. I can't remember that writer's name. Anyone else remember it?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Steve Timko

Jan 29, 2015, 7:57:38 PM1/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Kevin M.

Jan 29, 2015, 8:28:08 PM1/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Gina Grad was just named co-host of the new 100.3 The Sound morning show, hosted by Mark (formerly of Mark & Brian) Thompson. Grad's father is a legendary sports reporter here in LA, and Gina was a regular fixture on Tim conway Jr's KLSX radio show.

Can you tell I'm excited about the new morning show set to debut on Monday?
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

K.M. Richards

Jan 30, 2015, 2:54:08 PM1/30/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Not that it necessarily means anything, but this coincides with a move by local talk host Mark Levin from Cumulus-owned KABC/790 to Salem-owned KRLA/870 starting next week.

Levin's arrival at KRLA is causing a shuffle, displacing Miller's syndicated talk program ... which will move on a 15-hour (!) tape delay to Levin's late-night slot on KABC.

Bob Jersey

Jan 30, 2015, 3:23:20 PM1/30/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

K.M. Richards, to Kevin M.:
Not that it necessarily means anything, but this coincides with a move by local talk host Mark Levin from Cumulus-owned KABC/790 to Salem-owned KRLA/870 starting next week.

Levin's arrival at KRLA is causing a shuffle, displacing Miller's syndicated talk program ... which will move on a 15-hour (!) tape delay to Levin's late-night slot on KABC.

The slot at issue is 6 to 9pm west, three hours removed from what I took to be Levin's live show (and he's based in the Wa[r]shington 'burbs, not SoCal)... so Miller's essentially becoming a next-weekday-morning show? That's colder than the Northeast weather...