Like a Good Neighbor, State Farm Drops Schneider

Mark Jeffries

Sep 23, 2014, 3:42:24 PM9/23/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
That commercial for the insurance company in which Rob Schneider recreates his "SNL" character of the Copy Machine Guy has been dropped after a social media campaign that pointed out that Schneider is one of those anti-vaccine kooks:

PGage

Sep 23, 2014, 11:43:48 PM9/23/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
This was the best thing I saw in the news today.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
That commercial for the insurance company in which Rob Schneider recreates his "SNL" character of the Copy Machine Guy has been dropped after a social media campaign that pointed out that Schneider is one of those anti-vaccine kooks:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Ed Dravecky

Sep 24, 2014, 10:18:08 PM9/24/14
to TV or Not TV
Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That commercial for the insurance company in which Rob Schneider recreates
> his "SNL" character of the Copy Machine Guy has been dropped after a social
> media campaign that pointed out that Schneider is one of those anti-vaccine
> kooks:

A few Tea Party are trying to rally folks behind the Robmeister
because the "PC Police" are obviously only going after the Robinator
because he became a Republican in 2013 and some hard to parse notion
of free speech and the evil "pro-vax" forces and commie liberals and
such. I would ignore it, but these low-information voters are still
voters. Scarier than a season of "Grimm".

--
Ed Dravecky
Dallas, Texas

Doug Eastick

Sep 25, 2014, 5:53:09 AM9/25/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
When will people, that scream "it's Free Speach", learn that Free Speach and Free Enterprise don't have to go together.

Just because you say certain things, it doesn't mean that you are ensured contract work.