OT: My health

Bob Jersey

Apr 26, 2016, 10:39:09 AM4/26/16
to TVorNotTV

I suffered from stomach cramps and diarrhea for much of Sunday and Monday, which I'm blaming on Indian food (chana masala and rice) which AFAICT I made according to package directions and wasn't past expiration dates... years ago I'd go to south Bethlehem to have stuff like this professionally made, usually without issues (not even the weird dreams cf. Tony Soprano)... I was so loose and sleepy that my MD wondered if my sugar was out of range (I've been on meds since 2001), but given it was after hours he'd send me to the ER...

Our local hospital still boasts of a you'll-be-seen-within-30min guarantee, but frankly I swore long ago that it only applies to folks brought in by ambulance. In my case it was 3 hours (J!/Wheel and DWTS on 6/ABC Philly) from registry to entry, but given the sugar sitch I still thought it was a good idea. I was never told the sugar was bad, and would guess that the intake nurse found a way to take it.

The MD could have saved me a lot of time by just calling in a script for something anti-diarrheal, but frankly he's not the type who does that (unlike dad's docs)... I left around 10:45 forgetting to take a handout about diet and medication, for which I'll have to go back today, then stop into the pharmacy (not 24hrs anymore) and then across the street to vote in the PA primary...