The final Late Late Show with Craig

David Bruggeman

Dec 18, 2014, 10:25:24 PM12/18/14
to Tvornottv
I managed to get into the taping for tonight's show.  For what I'm guessing are logistical reasons (they taped two shows today), the cold open for tomorrow was taped before tonight's show.

While I'm a mark for this program, it's a lovely segment that I'd encourage everyone to see.  But, since Leno is the guest for tomorrow night, I'd understand if you jumped ship after that.

David

Jon Delfin

Dec 18, 2014, 11:26:40 PM12/18/14
to tvornottv
Tom Cruise comes out and asks for the footstool?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

David Bruggeman

Dec 18, 2014, 11:36:24 PM12/18/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Angela Kinsey took that home with her earlier this week.

Dec 19, 2014, 7:06:25 AM12/19/14
to tvornottv
> I've had the Cruise-shows-up idea in my head
> for awhile, and when she took the footstool, I
> actually got a little incensed!

FWIW, you're not the only one who thought about that. I wasn't incensed, though, just a bit disappointed that the obvious payoff wasn't going to come.

And since they gave the footstool to Ms. Kinsey on Tuesday night's show, they had to use a block of wood for Betty White Wednesday.

Jon Delfin

Dec 19, 2014, 10:15:15 AM12/19/14
to tvornottv
I'm still optimistic that there will be someone unexpected revealed under Secretariat's head.

Meanwhile, speaking of finales, I trust everyone experienced the acid trip that was Colbert's farewell.

Kevin M.

Dec 19, 2014, 3:13:47 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Bradford

Dec 19, 2014, 5:34:25 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
  I had to check. And you're right, it WAS totally unexpected. But I hope the actual show doesn't end like the clip. It's not the Sopranos for Geoff's sake!
Dec 19, 2014, 7:15:19 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
An ESPN host who was part of the acid trip mentioned it near the end of his show today.

David

Sent from my iPad

David Bruggeman

Dec 19, 2014, 9:01:47 PM12/19/14
to Tvornottv
If you can't wait for tonight, part of the cold open for the last LLS with Craig F. is now online:

As I said, there is more after this.  If they do pan the crowd, I'm in the back row, center section, stage Secretariat.

David

I'm going to need to buy that song on iTunes now

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

David Bruggeman

Dec 19, 2014, 9:41:04 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure the band in question, Dead Man Fall, was on the show earlier this year, but I can't find video.

(It's not the band that played when Craig took the show to Scotland, that was The Imagineers)

David

Dec 19, 2014, 9:56:53 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Kevin M.

Dec 19, 2014, 9:57:54 PM12/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Purchase made
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

JW

Dec 20, 2014, 2:34:37 AM12/20/14
to tvornottv
Tremendous final outing, and ending. The opening would have worked a little better for me if it didn't happen to immediately follow Darlene Love, but what are you gonna do?

David Lynch

Dec 20, 2014, 5:04:17 PM12/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 7:59 PM, 'David Bruggeman' via TVorNotTV <tvor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
If you can't wait for tonight, part of the cold open for the last LLS with Craig F. is now online:

After having just watched this on my DVR, I feel like someone needs to take screen captures and do an annotated guide of who all of the participants were, similar to one that I saw for Colbert's singalong segment, because there were a few where I went "I know him/her and I'm completely blanking on who he/she is."

--
David J. Lynch
djl...@gmail.com

Diner

Dec 20, 2014, 5:08:48 PM12/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 2:34:37 AM UTC-5, JW wrote:
Tremendous final outing, and ending. The opening would have worked a little better for me if it didn't happen to immediately follow Darlene Love, but what are you gonna do?

Yeah, I loved it too. So bleeping joyous. The final scene was killer, right down to the St. Elsewhere reference. And I loved Jay's appearance, especially the Trista story, which I hadn't heard before. I do remember him making fun of Trista (complete with Valley Girl voice) from time to time on The Tonight Show - now it makes sense.

BTW, this week WPIX pushed Craig's "Celebrity Name Game" back an hour from 7:30 pm weeknights to 6:30. Doesn't bode well.

-Tim

David Bruggeman

Dec 20, 2014, 6:53:51 PM12/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I am away from my DVR, but having been in studio for the taping of the second part I could give it a go.

Bone Patrol - they were the house band leading up to the 2013 Super Bowl.  The guys who composed the theme music for the show are part of this band.  Steve Jones of The Sex Pistols joined them on guitar.

After Secretariat came out, he was joined by:
Lisa and Tuyen who did hair and makeup for the show, and often danced with Craig in the bumpers.
Jeff and Gunther, who joined Craig on many of his lip-synching numbers with puppets.
The fellow in the white garb whirling the tube was an alien that visited Craig early in the show's run and communicated by the sounds made from the tube.

David

Sent from my iPad

David Bruggeman

Dec 20, 2014, 7:29:02 PM12/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Celebrity Name Game looks good for renewal, per Deadline.

That probably helps the heavily rumored effort for Craig to do a syndie talk show through the same distributors.

Dec 20, 2014, 8:15:30 PM12/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Dead Man Fall (who wrote Bang Your Drum) has a list of the celebrities from the video portion of the open on its Twitter feed.  It's not clear who gave them the info.  (Sales of the tune received Colbert Bump-style increases, as you might imagine)

It's alphabetical for the most part (folks who appeared in the same box are listed together).  I can't vouch for the list, as I haven't watched the video that much.  For instance, there are at least a couple that I just don't recall seeing.

David

Craig Tweeted about the band after they reached out to him earlier this year.  They had trouble getting a visa, or they'd have been on the show before Friday night (and in person).

Dec 21, 2014, 4:44:06 AM12/21/14
to tvornottv
Thanks, David. Bone Patrol makes sense, but I didn't/wouldn't recognize them. I did recognize the others, and especially laughed at the alien.

And I'd say I got between a third and a half of the folks in the video, just because it's hard to pull so many out in real time. There were no real surprises on the list.

One surprise is that Letterman didn't acknowledge the end of Ferguson's run on his show, nor did Craig thank Dave and/or Worldwide Pants on his.

-----

"Bone Patrol - they were the house band leading up to the 2013 Super Bowl. The guys who composed the theme music for the show are part of this band. Steve Jones of The Sex Pistols joined them on guitar.

After Secretariat came out, he was joined by:
Lisa and Tuyen who did hair and makeup for the show, and often danced with Craig in the bumpers.
Jeff and Gunther, who joined Craig on many of his lip-synching numbers with puppets.
The fellow in the white garb whirling the tube was an alien that visited Craig early in the show's run and communicated by the sounds made from the tube."

and

Jon Delfin

Dec 21, 2014, 8:24:43 AM12/21/14
to tvornottv
Who's playing the bass? (At 0:17)

David Bruggeman

Dec 21, 2014, 2:15:55 PM12/21/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
He's the stage manager for the show, first name of Jeff (not sure about the spelling).  Back in the puppet era, he'd often perform with 'Gunter' - the shirtless fellow in lederhosen - and Craig.  Jeff and Gunter come out during the in-studio portion of the open.

Dec 21, 2014, 2:20:15 PM12/21/14
to tvornottv
I thought that was him (sans bass). Somehow I've managed to miss his on-screen presences. Thanks.