NBC to cut two ad breaks from SNL

Bob Jersey

Apr 25, 2016, 1:36:35 PM4/25/16
to TVorNotTV

P!ssing off Lorne and the whole gang that are already struggling to fill the time slot (see that Prince tribute).

They're also planning more product integration into episodes (think the "MacGruber" bits)

Variety (link)

Tom Wolper

Apr 25, 2016, 2:27:44 PM4/25/16
to TV or not TV
On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

P!ssing off Lorne and the whole gang that are already struggling to fill the time slot (see that Prince tribute).

How do you know Lorne's pissed off? I'm not blaming you, but that is incompetent reporting by Steinberg. Lorne and the crew have 5 months to prepare. And Lorne is no Kelly Ripa - NBC wasn't going to announce the move without getting his agreement first.

They're also planning more product integration into episodes (think the "MacGruber" bits)

Variety (link)

It's exceedingly rare that I watch a whole episode any more, but if I have the late local news on to watch game highlights, I sometimes stick around to watch the cold open, monologue, and fake commercial. Two weeks ago the fake commercial was for Preparation H. But they were not making fun of the product, they were making fun of commercials for hemorrhoid products. It made me wonder if it was product placement.

Jim Ellwanger

Apr 25, 2016, 3:34:05 PM4/25/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

> On Apr 25, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:
>
> P!ssing off Lorne and the whole gang that are already struggling to fill the time slot (see that Prince tribute).

The issue discussed in the article is not that they'll have trouble filling the time, the issue is that they depend on the commercial breaks for costume changes and set moves.

I suspect they'll just produce more pre-taped bits than they already do.

--
Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>