Also OT: My annoying ISP, and its dinosaur mail app

Bob Jersey

Jul 29, 2015, 12:21:21 PM7/29/15
to TVorNotTV

[Since dad is also a customer, this relates to him as well.]

Juno should frankly retire its v8.8 client -- I doubt there are many people still using it -- and migrate users to something that can also store messages offline such as (gasp!) Windows Live Mail (formerly Outlook)... Yes, I could not have conscionably said this a few years ago, but then Juno was still functioning relatively well... not anymore, skippy.

Its built-in browser is based on IE 8, and stumbles on many pages / mail messages that were designed for more recent versions, sometimes hanging at a white screen while the program sucks up ever-increasing amounts of system memory until stopped from task manager or crashing... this has now happened to both dad and myself. I'm increasingly finding that I can't keep both Juno and a browser open at the same time.

I have no clues who's really running their parent company United Online anymore (they publicly trade on Nasdaq)... I'll bet they've sold my info to some other bozo in India who calls me periodically contending there is a general problem with our Windows system (not that there isn't to some extent) and that they've got the solution if I just give them a valid credit card number...

Any technology-oriented forums I can join where strength in numbers can possibly effect a reaction from Juno brass?