'Peanuts' revival to Boomerang

Bob Jersey

Apr 28, 2016, 9:39:37 PM4/28/16
to TVorNotTV

The Time Warner-owned tooncaster debuts a rather-faithful-to-Schulz effort May 7th. 'Rather' in that the basic designs are there and it's not 3-D, but the movements of the gang seem much more fluid here.

'Toob of the first ad (link)

Mark Jeffries

Apr 28, 2016, 10:02:13 PM4/28/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering if the package Boomerang is airing is this:

Which from the look of the promos seem to be Flash animation.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

David Bruggeman

Apr 28, 2016, 10:09:11 PM4/28/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The animation company, Normaal, has produced Peanuts shorts since 2014, and it's unclear whether they will be making new shorts in addition to Boomerang airing the ones that have been broadcast in Europe.
David

Either way, more Peanuts fills me with happy. The recent movie didn't get much press, but I thought it was well done, full of the charm of the original characters, but a good furthering of the franchise.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Mark Jeffries

Apr 29, 2016, 6:06:27 AM4/29/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Normaal's posted five episodes in the form Boomerang is probably going to air on its web site--you can make up your own mind:

Positive was the animation and design being very faithful to Schulz and that their English-language voice caster (who does voices on a lot of their other shows) was able to find American-sounding kids in Paris, not to mention that Normaal doesn't farm out anything to Asia, including doing their own sound production.  The negative is that the music is very synthy and they didn't even try to do something that sounded like Vince Guaraldi (and the Boomerang promo includes "Linus and Lucy," which I assume Turner had to pay to use).  Normaal's only other series with an American pickup is something called "Tangerine and Cow," which looks like it was sold to CN in the U.S.  I have the feeling that Turner will force them to redub the use of "sucks" (as in "that sucks") in the episodes (which pops up in another of their kids series).

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

M-D November

Apr 29, 2016, 3:23:18 PM4/29/16
to TVorNotTV
This is all lovely...too bad Comcast in central NJ still doesn't see fit to provide Boomerang on any tier.

Mark Jeffries

Apr 30, 2016, 2:55:14 PM4/30/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Boomerang is on VOD on my Comcast system in Chicago, even if the main channel isn't.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com