CBS might not screw up the new Star Trek show

David Bruggeman

Feb 9, 2016, 2:34:21 PM2/9/16
to TVorNotTV
Bryan Fuller, latest of Hannibal and many other shows deemed cancelled-too-soon, has been named co-creator and EP of the latest Star Trek program.  Fuller broke into the business via time served on two of the spin-off programs, Deep Space Nine and Voyager before branching out.  He's been itching for an opportunity to do something like this since at least 2009.

The still unnamed program will premiere on CBS before being exclusive to CBS All Access.  The schedule slipping has already started, with this announcement stating the show will bow in early 2017 rather than in January.

David

Kevin M.

Feb 9, 2016, 4:06:50 PM2/9/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Cons: He was behind "Mockingbird Lane" the horrific reboot of "The Munsters"

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

David Bruggeman

Feb 9, 2016, 4:19:24 PM2/9/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Well, I did say might.  But I prefer Fuller doing the day-to-day on the show to Kurtzman, whose cons include most of the recent Transformers output.  And while I have no problems with mindless programs like Hawaii Five-0 or Limitless, I think Kurtzman's sensibilities are too far in that camp to be beneficial for Trek.
David

Bryan Fuller, latest of Hannibal and many other shows deemed cancelled-too-soon, has been named co-creator and EP of the latest Star Trek program.  Fuller broke into the business via time served on two of the spin-off programs, Deep Space Nine and Voyager before branching out.  He's been itching for an opportunity to do something like this since at least 2009.

Some clues about what Fuller could do, citing what David mentions here, are aired by John Wigler on THR (link)... including a pair of actors he'd like to see in it...

Bob Jersey

Jul 7, 2016, 10:34:36 AM7/7/16
to TVorNotTV, dbr...@alumni.whitman.edu, bru...@yahoo.com

David Bruggeman, February 9th this year:
Bryan Fuller, latest of Hannibal and many other shows deemed cancelled-too-soon, has been named co-creator and EP of the latest Star Trek program.  Fuller broke into the business via time served on two of the spin-off programs, Deep Space Nine and Voyager before branching out.  He's been itching for an opportunity to do something like this since at least 2009.

The still unnamed program will premiere on CBS before being exclusive to CBS All Access.  The schedule slipping has already started, with this announcement stating the show will bow in early 2017 rather than in January.

The Comic-Con panel honoring 50 years of Trek (and ostensibly bringing more on the coming series) two weeks from this weekend -- besides Fuller -- sports folks from all the series: Shatner, Dorn, Ryan, and Bakula...

Variety (link)