Fallon to LA

Kevin M.

Jan 29, 2015, 7:30:48 PM1/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Brad Beam

Jan 29, 2015, 9:34:17 PM1/29/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

From: tvor...@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvor...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Kevin M.

>Did they run out of guests in NY already?

>https://www.facebook.com/NBCLA?sk=app_142973449096741&app_data=%7B%22sid%22%3A%22%22%2C%22contest%22%3A%223685%22%7D

The Tonight Show is live from Phoenix – or as NBC LA calls it, “Pheonix” – after the Super Bowl, so they figured, “Might as well go the rest of the way.”

_  _

|_>|_>  Brad Beam- Belle WV

|_>|_>  http://www.facebook.com/74bmw

Jim Ellwanger

Jan 30, 2015, 10:16:13 AM1/30/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 29, 2015, at 6:34 PM, Brad Beam <b.b...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>
> The Tonight Show is live from Phoenix – or as NBC LA calls it, “Pheonix”...

To be fair, the California Department of Transportation calls it "other Desert Cities":
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/38069055.jpg

--
Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>

Bob Jersey

Feb 5, 2015, 10:43:28 AM2/5/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Brad Beam, to Kevin M, in part:
>Did they run out of guests in NY already?

The Tonight Show is live from Phoenix – or as NBC LA calls it, “Pheonix” – after the Super Bowl, so they figured, “Might as well go the rest of the way.”

It's easier when the folks he wants are there... e.g. the surviving Saved By The Bell cast...

Diner

Feb 6, 2015, 8:44:04 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 10:43:28 AM UTC-5, Bob Jersey wrote:

It's easier when the folks he wants are there... e.g. the surviving Saved By The Bell cast...

Surviving? Who died?
(Seriously - I don't know the show well.)

-Tim

chi...@nc.rr.com

Feb 6, 2015, 9:03:59 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, Diner

---- Diner <bway...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 10:43:28 AM UTC-5, Bob Jersey wrote:
> >

> > It's easier when the folks he wants are there... e.g. the surviving *Saved
> > By The Bell* cast...
> >

> Surviving? Who died?
> (Seriously - I don't know the show well.)

Nobody so far as I know. Mark-Paul, Tiffani, and Elizabeth are still in the game, Mario is the Latino Ryan Seacrest, Lark faded away without trace, and Screech is in jail.

~D

Melissa P

Feb 6, 2015, 9:26:32 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Kevin M.

Feb 6, 2015, 9:39:13 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
As someone who basically lived on the NBC lot for five years, Dennis Haskins was the mainstay of that series and a constant presence on the lot as well as backstage at the Tonight Show. I hope he got a call and chose to opt out. He was a nice guy, rare in the business, and he didn't need to go back to the well for a gag (or gag inducing) sketch/reunion.
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Jon Delfin

Feb 6, 2015, 9:41:20 AM2/6/15
to tvornottv
Re Haskins: He got the call and chose to opt in.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M.

Feb 6, 2015, 9:42:29 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Kevin M.

Feb 6, 2015, 9:42:50 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Jon Delfin <jond...@gmail.com> wrote:
Re Haskins: He got the call and chose to opt in.

ratfarts.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Bob Jersey

Feb 6, 2015, 10:25:13 AM2/6/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Diner, to moi:

It's easier when the folks he wants are there... e.g. the surviving Saved By The Bell cast...

Surviving? Who died?
(Seriously - I don't know the show well.)

The show died.  Its remains are kept alive, unneededly, by channels (currently Me-TV, the contract might switch it to some other one 6 months to a year down the road) wishing to remind the now-quite-grown audience of its supposed relevance... and, of course, by Fallon.