Sinead O'Connor Won't Go On American Music Awards With Pope

Mark Jeffries

Oct 19, 2014, 4:39:02 PM10/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm just going to put the link in--there's nothing else I can say, other than it's NSFW:

Kevin M.

Oct 19, 2014, 7:16:22 PM10/19/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Any way to get word to Sinnead that Clark doesn't contain an E at the end of it? And officially it is dick clark productions inc (all lowercase) or dcpi around the Woods of Holly.

I do not know the named Jewish producer in question, but I have worked for the other two unnamed Jewish men. And I suspect Sinnead's account of what transpired is more or less accurate. One of my favorite pirate videos I own is a dress rehearsal for an Aerosmith performance on the AMAs that was to be shot "from a vagina's point of view." Alas, it did not pass network muster.

I always enjoyed working on the AMAs, but then again I liked working on almost anything live (except the Golden Globes).

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm just going to put the link in--there's nothing else I can say, other than it's NSFW:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Joe Hass

Oct 20, 2014, 12:51:20 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Since 1990, I have never been able to see her name without hearing it in my head as "Sine-aid" (Phil Hartman, "The Sinatra Group").

Bob Jersey

Oct 20, 2014, 12:55:20 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

She doesn't allow comments. Tells ya heaps.   B

Tom Wolper

Oct 20, 2014, 1:58:15 PM10/20/14
to TV or not TV
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Bob Jersey <bob.in...@juno.com> wrote:

She doesn't allow comments. Tells ya heaps.   B

Not really. She's the type that would attract the worst kind of trolls.

The story, the way she told it sounds ridiculous and absolutely plausible.

K.M. Richards

Oct 20, 2014, 2:31:23 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we can get her to drop the "e" from Clark in return for you dropping the second "n" from Sinead, Kevin.

:P

Kevin M.

Oct 20, 2014, 2:44:57 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM, K.M. Richards <richa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe we can get her to drop the "e" from Clark in return for you dropping the second "n" from Sinead, Kevin.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Jim Ellwanger

Oct 20, 2014, 2:45:50 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Kevin M. wrote:
> Any way to get word to Sinnead that Clark doesn't contain an E at the end
> of it? And officially it is dick clark productions inc (all lowercase) or
> dcpi around the Woods of Holly.

As I think I've said before on this list: unless a company's logo appears
in the upper-left-hand corner of your paycheck, you're not obligated to
attempt to match the stylization of its logo when you're writing that
company's name in plain text.

For example, this is the most recent mention that I can find in the L.A.
Times:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-dick-clark-thurlow-coo-20140713-story.html

Kevin, if I recall correctly, they still owe you money, so I'm surprised
you're not putting the name in all-caps with a few expletives in there as
well.

--
Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>

Kevin M.

Oct 20, 2014, 4:04:37 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Yep, about $3000 owed to me from when I was working on two shows for them at the same time (The Source Sound Lab and the PGA Golden Laurels, for those keeping score). They had shorted me about $700 prior to that when they shortened the production schedule of one of the Your Big Break seasons, but that's neither here nor there.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)