Daytime Emmys honor Rivers, Walker

Bob Jersey

Apr 27, 2015, 11:01:49 AM4/27/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Joan, of course, and Paul... the Fast & Furious actor had a spot appearance in 1992 on The Young and the Restless, which tied with Days of Our Lives as top soap... top game: Jeopardy!, top game host: SCG, top breakfast show: CBS, top talkers: Steve Harvey (informational), Ellen (entertainment)... my mother, G_d rest her soul, would have cheered General Hospital's Tony "Luke Spencer" Geary landing his eighth best-actor award...

THR (article), the Academy (list) (links)

Diner

Apr 27, 2015, 11:41:54 AM4/27/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Just to clarify, the "top breakfast show," as you call it, went to CBS Sunday Morning, not CBS This Morning.
Though I would classify Sunday Morning as more of a brunch show than a breakfast show.

-Tim

Joe Hass

Apr 27, 2015, 11:42:27 AM4/27/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

There was a lifetime award for Betty White, and as part of that, they did a Password segment with Tom Bergeron as host. They posted a picture of it on Twitter, and I replied "Is there a Kickstarter I can contribute to to get this into production?"

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Bob Jersey

Apr 27, 2015, 8:59:57 PM4/27/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

Diner, to moi:
Just to clarify, the "top breakfast show," as you call it, went to CBS Sunday Morning, not CBS This Morning.
Though I would classify Sunday Morning as more of a brunch show than a breakfast show.

Joe Hass, to moi:

There was a lifetime award for Betty White, and as part of that, they did a Password segment with Tom Bergeron as host. They posted a picture of it on Twitter, and I replied "Is there a Kickstarter I can contribute to to get this into production?"

I don't know how a crowdfund would convince a company the size of FremantleMedia to do something of that ilk, but I do know there should have been a lifetime award for Charlie Osgood.

M-D November

Apr 27, 2015, 11:20:45 PM4/27/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Also of note (for this group, anyway) - SCG won the Emmy for Best Game Show Host, for "Celebrity Name Game".