Kevin Smith's next series...

Bob Jersey

Feb 11, 2016, 7:53:10 PM2/11/16
to TVorNotTV

...will arrive this summer on AMC: "Geeking Out," a half-hour weekly late-night talker taking "a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens,” co-hosted by Greg Grunberg... "Comic Book Men" is apparently not affected.

Variety (link)

Kevin M.

Feb 11, 2016, 8:03:20 PM2/11/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I still check in on my fellow Kevin's series of podcasts periodically (not as much as I used to). I'm fairly progressive when it comes to drug use, believing it ain't my business to judge, and further believing one should not be restricted from whatever avenues work best at making oneself happy. That said, there are episodes of his various podcasts where my fellow Kevin is so deeply stoned that it is mostly him giggling, not unlike Beavis and/or Butthead. Again, not judging him, but I am concerned. I admire his writing style, he seems an affable guy, and I look forward to some of the films he has scheduled for release over the next few years. I just hope he's still around in a couple of years to make them.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Doug Eastick

Feb 11, 2016, 10:28:37 PM2/11/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
" a half-hour weekly late-night talker taking "a timely look at pop culture through a fanboy lens,”

how can something like this happen?  or attract advertisers?   Like aren't all the fanboys just sitting a computers on reddit and playing Role Playing Games (RPG's) on their 3rd monitor at their desk?

or, isn't there a youtube or twitch channel for that already?

David Bruggeman

Feb 11, 2016, 11:16:48 PM2/11/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Syfy has tried this at least twice - The Wil Wheaton Project and another show in the same format between 2014-2015.
Really it's not much different than the various clones of The Soup.

David