Corden got a band?

Doug Eastick

Mar 24, 2015, 1:16:49 AM3/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
And it seems several times the budget than craig.

David Bruggeman

Mar 24, 2015, 1:26:11 AM3/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Maybe the bar sponsorship is helping pay for Reggie Watts and Karen (that's what he's calling the band, according to this Vulture interview - http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/reggie-watts-late-late-show-bandleader.html

Of course, the extra cash could be coming from whatever salary difference exists between Craig and James.

David

And it seems several times the budget than craig.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

JW

Mar 24, 2015, 5:46:29 AM3/24/15
to tvornottv
>> And it seems several times the budget than craig.
>
> Maybe the bar sponsorship is helping pay for Reggie Watts and Karen (that's what he's calling the > band, according to this Vulture interview... Of course, the extra cash could be coming from

> whatever salary difference exists between Craig and James.

It's a CBS Production, so they may be putting more money into the show than Worldwide Pants did. The difference in salaries probably matters, too, as did Dave Letterman's apparent preference for a one-man show following him.

The first show was a first show. It will be interesting to see what show #72, and then show #272, looks like with more typical guests.

M-D November

Mar 24, 2015, 3:32:46 PM3/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com, eas...@mcd.on.ca
And WAAAAAY more promotion.  Up until his farewell shows, Craig could barely get a mention at the tail end of Letterman's promos.  ("...thencatchCraig.")  Corden seems to be benefiting from CBS's actually having skin in the game.

Tom Wolper

Mar 24, 2015, 4:16:45 PM3/24/15
to TV or not TV
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:32 PM, M-D November <mdnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
And WAAAAAY more promotion.  Up until his farewell shows, Craig could barely get a mention at the tail end of Letterman's promos.  ("...thencatchCraig.")  Corden seems to be benefiting from CBS's actually having skin in the game.

More likely that's because it's a new show. Those promos will disappear soon enough.

David Bruggeman

Mar 24, 2015, 9:33:03 PM3/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
After all, this edition of LLS has no connection to Worldwide Pants.
David

Mar 24, 2015, 10:31:08 PM3/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I kind of wondered if wwp had anything to do with it anymore.   Apparently not.

David Bruggeman

Mar 24, 2015, 11:04:07 PM3/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm basing it on there being no WWP logo at the end of last night's episode.

I think if Dave wasn't leaving there might still be some connection.  But if that were the case, it stands that there might be a different host.

David

Mar 25, 2015, 5:58:20 AM3/25/15
to tvornottv
Here's an article that our old friend Mark Evanier linked to about the business aspects of CBS' lineup:
CBS now owns the shows (Colbert and Corden), and Les claims they're both cheaper than their predecessors, which must mean Ferguson was very well paid.

Joe Hass

Mar 25, 2015, 10:35:07 AM3/25/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
From the article:

"He also lauded Letterman as a loyal guy, saying that also means he has kept staff employed. "David … was unbelievably loyal. He wouldn’t fire anybody," Moonves said. "So he has people that have been there for years getting paid for not doing very much. People don’t know what a good guy he really is." That means that costs have "crept up" over the years, Moonves added. The new show would be "a bit more economical," given that Colbert is coming from a cable network, Comedy Central, the CBS CEO said."

How dare Letterman feel loyalty towards people! That BASTARD!