If Martha Raddatz had just been "LOUD AND PROUD"...

Bob Jersey

Feb 7, 2016, 10:22:50 AM2/7/16
to TVorNotTV

...as some people I've known over the years have said it, the arrival of candidates on the Manchester stage Saturday would have come off without a hitch... NY Daily News (link)

Steve Timko

Feb 7, 2016, 1:45:44 PM2/7/16
to TV or Not TV
How much of this was ABC's fault for not having a Biff Henderson-type
to guide the candidates?
> --
> --
> ---
> "TVorNotTV" group.
> email to tvornottv+...@googlegroups.com.

David Bruggeman

Feb 7, 2016, 1:54:23 PM2/7/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Said Biff Henderson type did try and wave Dr. Carson onto the stage.  He can be seen poking his head out after the first time Carson missed his cue.

This was featured on last night's SNL during Weekend Update.

David

Feb 7, 2016, 3:03:10 PM2/7/16
to TV or Not TV
I thought the simulated shooting sketch was great. I'll put money on
them bringing it back in some other form this season.
It was one of the better SNLs in a long time. People panned the Ronda
Rousey episode but I didn't think it was that bad.

Steve Timko

Feb 7, 2016, 7:45:14 PM2/7/16
to 'David Bruggeman' via TVorNotTV, 'David Bruggeman' via TVorNotTV

As far as candidates not following their cues, today when they introduced the MVPs  at the Super Bowl,  three of them, starting with Phil Simms,  could not walk out to a blue mark as wide as a 55-gallon drum. Simms is a seasoned TV professional. I think broadcasters need to oversee this as much as possible.

Sent from TypeApp

Adam Bowie

Feb 7, 2016, 7:58:32 PM2/7/16
to tvornottv
Pretty sure there were at least two people pointing and yelling at the MVPs telling them where to go too! (On top of the person inside who told them...)

Kevin M.

Feb 7, 2016, 8:15:35 PM2/7/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The number of dumbass things the GOP candidates undoubtedly said during the debate and people, including the NY Daily News and the Washington Post, are remarking about this?

This is why I don't vote.
Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Feb 7, 2016, 8:21:16 PM2/7/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Well, that is not quite fair Kevin. For those who are interested in such things, there have of course been a lot of remarks about the dumbass things the GOP candidates say (or, OTOH, the profound things they say, depending on one's POV). But if you actually saw it, the missed cues on the walk-ins was really remarkable, and impossible not to comment on the morning after.

Kevin M.

Feb 7, 2016, 8:46:00 PM2/7/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, that is not quite fair Kevin.

I suspect I misspeak and misstep on average, 20 or 30 times a day. And that's probably a conservative estimate. Lucky for me, there is rarely a camera or microphone around. Judging people by what they say or do accidentally is not quite fair. Especially when the things they intentionally say or do are flat out sexist, racist, and sociopathic.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Feb 7, 2016, 8:54:10 PM2/7/16
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
No doubt. I talk in front of people for a living and regularly say and do stupid things. I will quote myself, from my first post in this thread:

Bob Jersey

Feb 8, 2016, 9:32:33 PM2/8/16
to TVorNotTV

PGage, to David Bruggeman and Steve Timko, in part:
Blaming Raddatz or the event producers looses credibility in light of the fact that the other candidates were able to follow their cues.

Flubbing up like this is not disqualifying for the presidency (each of these guys has many more, and more important, disqualifiers) but it is just embarrassing.

The View zinged the debacle today... 'toob (link)