RIP veteran TV composer Ian Fraser

Kevin M.

Oct 31, 2014, 10:35:31 PM10/31/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
The guy who wrote the music for a cult favorite "A Star Wars Christmas" and a personal favorite "Julie Andrews on Sesame Street" has passed away. He's admittedly not a known name, but odds are you've heard his music somewhere on TV.

RIP Ian Fraser

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Jim Ellwanger

Nov 1, 2014, 12:56:01 AM11/1/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 7:35 PM, Kevin M. <drunkba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The guy who wrote the music for a cult favorite "A Star Wars Christmas"...

That's "Star Wars Holiday Special."

Since it takes place a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, there's no mention of Christmas -- the holiday in question is Life Day, being celebrated on the Wookiee home world of Kashyyyk.

--
Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>

PGage

Nov 1, 2014, 1:13:27 AM11/1/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
n Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv> wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 7:35 PM, Kevin M. <drunkba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The guy who wrote the music for a cult favorite "A Star Wars Christmas"...

That's "Star Wars Holiday Special."

Since it takes place a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, there's no mention of Christmas -- the holiday in question is Life Day, being celebrated on the Wookiee home world of Kashyyyk.

An early battle in the war on Christmas...

Ed Dravecky

Nov 1, 2014, 1:45:49 AM11/1/14
to TV or Not TV
Jim Ellwanger <trai...@ellwanger.tv> wrote:
> Since it takes place a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far
> away, there's no mention of Christmas -- the holiday in
> question is Life Day, being celebrated on the Wookiee
> home world of Kashyyyk.

Five points to Ellwanger for remembering both the second e in Wookiee
and the third y in Kashyyyk.

When making a custom cover for the DVD bootleg that....uh, a friend of
mine, yes, let's go with that... may or may not have downloaded from
the internet, I included this money quote from George Lucas: "If I had
the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that
show and smash it." (Caution: George owns a sledgehammer and now has
free time.)

--
Ed Dravecky
Dallas, Texas

Jim Ellwanger

Nov 1, 2014, 2:14:59 AM11/1/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Oct 31, 2014, at 10:45 PM, Ed Dravecky <drav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Five points to Ellwanger for remembering both the second e in Wookiee
> and the third y in Kashyyyk.

I'll admit I had to look up the latter, but I have the former down cold.

That may or may not be related to the time I spent working as a closed-captioner.

Kevin M.

Nov 1, 2014, 2:39:04 AM11/1/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough I stand corrected. And yet, on the album "Christmas in the Stars: Star Wars Christmas" (which I own, thank you Rhino records), there is a song with the chorus, "What do you get a Wookiee for Christmas when he already owns a comb?" so the good Lord did seem to exist a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... or at least a celebration of his birthday did.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

stannc

Nov 1, 2014, 11:46:57 AM11/1/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Which is the same complaint that I have every time I see the Flintstones Christmas episodes on the schedule this time of year.

-Stan