Meara of Stiller & Dies at 85

Mark Jeffries

May 24, 2015, 6:44:27 PM5/24/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Most of the press reports are referring to her as primarily Ben Stiller's mother, but I believe we all know better--her marriage with Jerry Stiller was 61 years long and their professional relationship as a comedy team was golden:

I guess the kids also only know Jerry Stiller as George Costanza's dad.  Oh well.

Jon Delfin

May 24, 2015, 8:21:37 PM5/24/15
to tvornottv

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

M-D November

May 26, 2015, 1:27:13 AM5/26/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Anyone who listened to WNEW-AM* (1130) in New York in the 80's would be very familiar with the "I hate you" comedy stylings of Stiller & Meara...morning drive DJ Ted Brown would frequently play cuts from their albums in the morning, between Sinatra & Streisand songs.

*no relation to the all-news WNEW-AM in the DC Metro area.

John Edwards

May 26, 2015, 11:55:51 AM5/26/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 1:27 AM, M-D November <mdnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone who listened to WNEW-AM* (1130) in New York in the 80's would be very familiar with the "I hate you" comedy stylings of Stiller & Meara...morning drive DJ Ted Brown would frequently play cuts from their albums in the morning, between Sinatra & Streisand songs.

*no relation to the all-news WNEW-AM in the DC Metro area.

Yes. The all-news WNEW-AM in DC would play the "I hate you" comedy stylings of Democrats & Republicans.

Mark Jeffries

May 26, 2015, 3:15:59 PM5/26/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
And WNEW in DC is actually an FM.  (When the calls were taken off of the FM station in NY, CBS hung them on to an AM station in Florida and then moved them back up when they acquired a Family Radio station after Harold Camping's big Rapture miscall and flipped it to all-news, only to see WTOP and NPR station WAMU kick its butt six ways to Sunday.

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

M-D November

May 26, 2015, 10:40:59 PM5/26/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
There was an AM station that also carried the WNEW calls...it's currently WJFK 1580am. The last time I drove down to DC, it was still signed as 'NEW.