Quickie Review: Benched

Kevin M.

Oct 20, 2014, 1:46:17 AM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
What if "Night Court" was focused around the character of Ms Sullivan? And what if Ms Sullivan was kind of a bitch? And what if the characters were allowed to say words like sh*t and p*ssy? And what if it wasn't nearly as funny?

Joe Hass

Oct 20, 2014, 12:55:53 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
This actually depresses me, because (a) I really liked Night Court, and (b) I would've loved to watch that show had they not had that level of broadcast restrictions.

And because it always comes to mind when I think of Night Court: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShcaqhThFA

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

M-D November

Oct 20, 2014, 5:06:57 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
What depresses me about this is that I really like several members of the main cast - Eliza Coupe, Jay Harrington, Oscar Nuñez, Maria Bamford (in small doses)...

Kevin M.

Oct 20, 2014, 6:51:57 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 2:06 PM, M-D November <mdnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
What depresses me about this is that I really like several members of the main cast - Eliza Coupe, Jay Harrington, Oscar Nuñez, Maria Bamford (in small doses)...

I agree, which is why I'm shocked to say that if I had to watch one of the two new courtroom comedies, I'd probably opt for Bad Judge over Benched.
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Ed Dravecky

Oct 20, 2014, 6:55:40 PM10/20/14
to TV or Not TV
Kevin M. <drunkba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, which is why I'm shocked to say that if I had to watch one of the
> two new courtroom comedies, I'd probably opt for Bad Judge over Benched.

Wow, because on the basis of the one episode I've seen, I'd rather
watch paint dry than "Bad Judge" because at least the paint isn't
wasting the talents of otherwise good actors.

--
Ed Dravecky
Dallas, Texas

Kevin M.

Oct 20, 2014, 7:51:47 PM10/20/14
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
As I said, if I was forced.

Benched has an almost identical beginning as Jaime Pressly's "Jennifer Falls." Upwardly mobile woman snaps after getting screwed and is forced to settle for a job she feels is beneath her. Even if I hadn't seen it just a few weeks earlier, it is an old and tired premise.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)