Fox to lose one of its "& Friends"

Kevin M.

Nov 23, 2015, 1:50:43 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Please oh please tell me Hasselbeck is leaving the show to run for the presidency, because there just isn't enough crazy on the GOP ticket right now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/elisabeth-hasselbeck-is-leaving-fox-843190

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

David Bruggeman

Nov 23, 2015, 2:33:42 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Oooh, maybe Colbert will mention the "brown-haired guy who's not Steve Doocy" if he notes this on the show.

David

Nov 23, 2015, 3:13:14 PM11/23/15
to TVorNotTV

Kevin:
Please oh please tell me Hasselbeck is leaving the show to run for the presidency, because there just isn't enough crazy on the GOP ticket right now.

No, it's to concentrate on her kiddies, who are either teenage or close to it. And maybe blog while they're at school.

Kevin M.

Nov 23, 2015, 3:30:35 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Is that what she's saying is the reason? Because I worked in TV long enough to know that when somebody says they are quitting due to family obligations, they were really fired.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Mark Jeffries

Nov 23, 2015, 3:42:49 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
If she was getting fired, would Ailes be saying all those nice things about her?

Mark Jeffries
Saints Spotlight Editor
spotl...@gmail.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M.

Nov 23, 2015, 3:45:38 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Mark Jeffries <spotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
If she was getting fired, would Ailes be saying all those nice things about her?

Depends on the circumstances. I also saw Tyra Banks is leaving a show she only worked on for two months and I couldn't help but wonder whom she ticked off.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

Tom Wolper

Nov 23, 2015, 4:29:43 PM11/23/15
to TV or not TV
The early hours a host has to put in for a morning show can be a real strain on family life. So I see three possibilities: first, she told Ailes (or other management), "I've had enough, I'm going home," and they all shook hands and part amicably. Second possibility is she said, "I've had enough, please move me to another day part where I can work and also manage my family," and management said that there was no spot to move her to so they parted ways. The third possibility is that management felt that they could do better with a female F & F host and they negotiated a parting where they all say nice things about each other.

The second and third possibilities are close to being fired but it's being managed to avoid the rancor.

Kevin M.

Nov 23, 2015, 4:59:50 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I'm an admitted cynic, but there are more possibilities.

-- Off-camera friction between EH and one of the producers or one of the cohosts which led to a showdown ("This morning show ain't big enough for the both of us..." etc)

-- The show/network poised to become the mouthpiece of a specific candidate or agenda that doesn't align with EH's politics (there is a history of that happened at Foxnews)

-- The creative team behind the show decides EH skews towards the wrong demographic (or they didn't get some of those big "The View" numbers), but they also don't want to alienate them like The Today Show seems to do with every personality change, so they spin her departure for the public

-- She's lined up a deal with another network, but no doubt Ailes has her in a non-compete clause so she's getting out now, will write one of those wretched Ann Coulter type of books to stay in the public eye, then become co-host of CBS & Friends in 2018 or something

She worked on a morning show. By definition that leaves her most of the day to be with her family. Citing family reasons just doesn't wash. All she's presently missing is breakfast.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TVorNotTV" group.

Kevin M. (RPCV)

Jon Delfin

Nov 23, 2015, 7:08:46 PM11/23/15
to tvornottv
[snip]
She worked on a morning show. By definition that leaves her most of the day to be with her family. Citing family reasons just doesn't wash. All she's presently missing is breakfast.

Nonsense. You really want to pretend morning show people don't spend off-camera time at work?

Kevin M.

Nov 23, 2015, 7:35:52 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
A couple hours before and maybe an hour or two after. Beyond that, no. I don't believe she's credited as a producer, only a host. A co-host, to be specific. Her responsibilities are limited to reading up on what lies and/or talking points she's telling on the show on any given day.

--
Kevin M. (RPCV)

PGage

Nov 23, 2015, 11:56:58 PM11/23/15
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
I don't know why she's leaving, but it is clear that Roger Ailes wrote her statement for her.