Bulding on Lion

n9yty

Sep 3, 2011, 12:56:05 PM9/3/11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
To build on Lion I had to make a few changes... Since you are not going to be dropping ppc support, or Tiger+ support, I doubt you will want to incorporate these, but I will post them here in case anyone else is interested.

First, this patch to both versions of openvpn:

I changed gcc to gcc-4.2 as gcc-4.0 is no longer included and the default llvm seems to have a problem with some inline ask bits. Also, since Lion can not build ppc any longer I had to modify the main Makefile and also the openvpn patch files to set the new root SDK and remove all PPC stuff.

Also, the openvpn configure.ac need to be changed to include a 'LIBS="$LIBS -lz"' in the CRYPTO and SSL tests or the config test won't be able to build properly to detect those libraries are indeed built properly.

I may have forgotten something, but I think that is the bulk of what I had to change anyway for the third party stuff. However, I'm having a very weird error in Xcode 4.2 trying to get the TunnelBlick Xcode project to build, so your mileage may vary.

jkbull...gmail.com

Sep 3, 2011, 2:30:57 PM9/3/11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

I've updated the Building from Source page, and added a link to this discussion.

At some point Tunneblick will drop support OS X 10.4 "Tiger" and the PPC processor and will be build on Lion. But that will not happen before the stable (non-beta) version 3.2 is released.
Message has been deleted

Svein Hansen

Oct 26, 2011, 5:01:09 AM10/26/11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com

$ svn checkout http://tunnelblick.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ tunnelblick
Checked out revision 1823.

Apply patch: tunnel2.patch

Build Tunnelblick i xcode.

Svein

tunnel2.patch

ramkri...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014, 6:12:54 AM6/6/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
hii ,

iam trying build tunnelblink source code. now i working on os x 10.9 and xcode 5. please help me to build this project

jkbull...gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014, 7:14:11 AM6/6/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, sve...@gmail.com, steve...@gmail.com
Perhaps someone else can help?

Official Tunnelblick builds are still built on 10.6.8 using Xcode 3.2.2, as described in Building from Source. To use the patch file, which is based on a very old version of Tunnelblick, you might have to use that (old, insecure) version of Tunnelblick.

Ram Kri

Jun 6, 2014, 7:22:50 AM6/6/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, sve...@gmail.com, steve...@gmail.com
means we can not compile latest version of tunnelblink souce in osx 10.9 .and could please tell me how to patch file with old source

-Regards
 Ramakrishna

ramkri...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 12:39:58 AM6/10/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
please tell how to compile tunnel blink with patch file in mavericks and xcode 5.. when iam compiling the source getting furious errors

dmitr...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2014, 9:58:25 AM9/5/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, ramkri...@gmail.com
Hello. I think it impossible... I tried but... there are too many changes between 10.6 and 10.9...