Private posts and scheduling post with Tumblr API V2

Sean Choe

Feb 1, 2012, 10:29:59 PM2/1/12
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm developing an iPad app with Tumblr API V2 and I can't find a way to post as private (and retrieving) and schedule a post to a specific date and time.

I can add to queue a post but not scheduling.

Can anyone help me on these?

- Sean

Steven Pears

Feb 5, 2012, 4:35:17 PM2/5/12
to Tumblr API Discussion
Sean

When you have a post that is marked as state=queue, you can also add a
field called publish_on and set that to the specific date and time
that you want the post sent out to.

Hope this helps

Steven

Sean Choe

Feb 5, 2012, 6:59:50 PM2/5/12
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply Steven!

I actually tried that too, but I had no luck. (I'm using API V2)

Did you test it yourself? Did it work?

--
Sean Choe (최우형)

Steven Pears

Feb 6, 2012, 3:53:13 PM2/6/12
to Tumblr API Discussion
My app has queuing functionality that has this working in the V2 API -
the date and time have to be in UTC, rather than local time, and I
submit them in the date format yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss

Hope this helps - let us know!

Steven

Sean Choe

Feb 12, 2012, 8:56:20 PM2/12/12
to tumbl...@googlegroups.com
You are right! it works!

I don't know what was wrong.. but when I did like you said, it worked.

Thank you so much! :)

BTW, you don't have any information about private posts?

Sean
Message has been deleted