Monday, 3/23 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Mar 23, 2015, 10:22:08 AM3/23/15
to tsasnotes

PTSA Sponsored PAPER DRIVE  Our copy paper and tissue paper reserves have run very low! Please  help support our teachers and students by donating copy paper and Kleenex/tissues.  You may drop off your paper donation at the front office. Thanks for your support!

The third annual TSAS Gala is May 9th 2015! The proceeds from this fabulous night go to the TSAS Foundation, which support all of the great work at TSAS. If your company would be interested in helping sponsor the Gala, there are opportunities available now. Please email found...@tsas.org for more information.

Mrs. Ingram would like to thank all parents who donated pies and other items for our Pi Day celebration on Friday, March 13.  Thanks so much for your support!

Student Announcements:

Students, It's officially spring at TSAS! Please make sure your clothing is in compliance with the TSAS dress code. Lower garments must reach your thumb even if leggings are worn underneath. Midsections and backs should be covered. Straps on sleeveless shirts and necklines must cover undergarments and not be revealing. Sleepwear is not permitted either. Let's have a great spring!

Welcome back from Spring Break! It is time to get your art work, writing, short films, music, and photos ready for this year's Ex Cineribus! There are submission forms available next to the posters in the hallways. The art collection boxes are in Foshee's and Ellen's rooms.

On My Level will meet today after school in room 14. At this week's meeting we will focus on our vision for the rest of this year and also on transitioning into next year.

Any Speech and Debate student/team member who has qualified for Regionals  should pick up a permission slip today for the tournament at RSU this weekend.  Also, please arrange a time with Mrs. Hughes to practice if you are not in fifth hour Speech and Debate class.  We still need parents to help with transportation; if you are available please email jhu...@tsas.org

Anime Club will not meet this week.

Speech and Debate will not meet this week since we will be at our tournament. All Pampered Chef orders are due by this Thursday at the end of the school day.

Key Club: We will be having our elections this Wednesday in Madame Doss's room at lunch. Please attend, listen to the speeches our candidates have prepared and vote!

TSAS Soccer Club got a big win over Spring Break! Come out to watch them play tonight at 7:45 at Soccer City! It's free and everyone is welcome!

It's not too early to start saving your stuff for the 3rd annual cross country garage sale.  It will take place on Saturday, April 18 and we are currently collecting items and putting them on the stage in the gym.  Thanks!

Announcements for Seniors:

Seniors, get your morph pictures in this week to ensure that you are represented in this TSAS graduation tradition.

Rogers State University Event Announcement:
On Saturday, March 28, at 9:00 am, an incoming freshman event will be held.  You will enjoy free breakfast, enroll in summer and fall classes, meet with admission, financial aid and faculty representatives.  You must complete admission to RSU before attending this event. Register at www.rsu.edu/early-enroll or by phoning 918-343-75

Scholarship Updates:

Please follow this link to view scholarships through OK Collegestart for March 2015 - June 2015:   https://secure.okcollegestart.org/Home/Educators/Scholarship_Corner.aspx

ATTENTION Seniors planning to attend Tulsa Community College!

Open Enrollment for Summer and Fall Classes starts March 30, 2015. It is strongly recommend that students visit with a TCC adviser before enrolling. To be advised, you may visit any of our campuses or call 918-595-2000 and ask to be transferred to the campus advisement office of your choice.

You may apply for the following scholarships:

Tulsa Achieves (TA)​

For eligible students that officially reside within Tulsa County

Award: tuition and fees for up to 63 credit hours or 3 years

Tulsa Achieves Eligibility and Application Process

Tuition Waivers - Priority Deadline is March 15, 2015

For incoming students with 3.0 + GPA or 2.5 + GPA and financial need

(first come, first served)

Award: $1000 ($500 per semester)

Tuition Waiver Policies

Provost Scholar Award All materials must be turned in by April 1, 2015.

For graduating high school students with a 3.5 + GPA

Award: Up to 18 credit hours

Provost Leadership Award Information and Application

Please view the list of all scholarships for more information.

2015 summer and fall applications are available for submission. You may access an application at http://www.tulsacc.edu/admission to start the process. Please contact Student Recruitment Services if you have any questions concerning the application process at 918-595-7834.

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences