Wednesday, 10/22 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Oct 22, 2014, 10:53:17 AM10/22/14
to tsasnotes
Upcoming Events:
  • First Session Ends ~ Friday, November 7

  • Professional Day ~ Monday, November 10

SAVE THE DATE!
SENIOR PARENT NIGHT will be this Thursday, October 23rd at 6:30 PM.  Please join us for a relaxing and informative evening.  We will be sharing college, career, and scholarship information as well as Senior year event updates.  We hope to see you there Senior parents!

Health Resources: The health and safety of TSAS students and teachers is our highest priority. We wish to provide our community with the following useful information about preventing illness through these helpful resources.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed cases this year of Enterovirus EV-D68 infection among children.  Many of the children had asthma or a history of wheezing. The following information may help prevent illness and protect families.

Fact sheet for parents, “What Parents Need to Know about Enterovirus D68”

The Tulsa Health Department has indicated that Ebola poses minimal risk to Tulsa and the surrounding communities, and there are no indication of exposure to the virus in Oklahoma.
Helpful detailed information that can be found on the CDC website. http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html. The Washington Post has also put together a good article on “5 Tips for Talking to Your Kids About Ebola.

We will continue to support our community with timely information to support the well-being of our students.

Student Announcements:

Profe is looking for more Seniors to help run booths at Fall Festival this Friday evening. If you could cover a shift, please come sign up with Profe ASAP. Thanks!

Sophomore Class Council will meet today at 12:00 in Ms. Block's room.

Dr. Who Club will meet today at 3:00 in room 30 to prepare for Fall Festival.

Peer math tutoring is tomorrow, October 23 from 8:30-9:00 am in Mrs. Ingram's room (room 31).  Bring your math and get help!

Student sponsored Bible Study meets tomorrow at 8 am in Mama Hahn's room.  All are welcome to attend.

All members of Dr. Lee's advisory are cordially invited to help prepare our Great Pumpkin during lunch today in Room 28.  Please help!

National Art Honor Society will meet at lunch in the art room to talk about Fall Festival and sign up to work at the body art booth. Grab your lunch and come on over!

Is everyone excited for FALL FESTIVAL!? There will be over 15 booths including a dunk tank with an opportunity to dunk DEAN DAN as well as multiple seniors! There will be pizza and drinks and lots of sweets including Madame Doss's famous crepes! Be sure to come! It is this Friday October 24th from 6-9 p.m. Admission is $3.

ADVISORIES: The pumpkins need to be decorated and looking awesome by 3 o'clock this Thursday!  Be sure to make them spectacular!

Pink out will be tomorrow!  Be creative and wear Pink to bring awareness to breast cancer.  Why?  Because cancer sucks!

Mandatory meeting for all Speech Team members this Thursday after school from 3-4. We will finalize plans for our first tournament at Riverfield HS Saturday November 1st. Please be ready to do a quick run-through of your pieces.

TSAS Planners are available NOW--on sale from Dr. Lee (room 28) or Mrs. Ingram (room 31) for only $5.00.  These awesome planners contain our 2014-15 calendar, our style guide for papers, and use the academic calendar (August to August). You can plan by the day or month.  We have just 20 left and still only $5.00 each.  The History Club thanks you for your support!

Only 10 slots remaining!  Mrs. Ingram will be offering an ACT Prep course here at TSAS on Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22 for TSAS Juniors and Seniors.  This course will give you very practical tips for the ACT and is being funded by the very generous TSAS PTSA.  Students should attend BOTH sessions as different material is planned for each of the two sessions.  Times are Friday 11/21 from 6:00 to 9:00 pm and Saturday 11/22 from 11 am to 2:00 pm.  Sign ups are limited.  Please see Mrs. Ingram to reserve your spot.  We plan to offer this ACT Prep course again in the winter/spring.

College Event Updates:
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is hosting an event on Saturday, November 1st- USAO open house; 10-2 pm.  To register or for more information: www.usao.edu/future-students

Oklahoma State University  Up Close event on November 3rd ;  cost is $20.00, fee waivers available for those who qualify.  Register online at https://admissions.okstate.edu/osu-close .  Sit in on college classes, take tours, meet current student and faculty.  Transportation provided.

Rogers State University will be hosting Destination RSU on Saturday, November 8th at 9 am. Students may register at www.rsu.edu/destinationrsu. Students will meet current students and faculty, prize give aways, campus tours and informational sessions.

 Northwestern Oklahoma State University:  November 8th is Ranger Preview Day on the Alva campus.  Please register with Benjamyn Eastes at bkea...@nwosu.edu or 580-327-8446.  Every senior in attendance will receive a $600.00 scholarship to use for the 2015-2016 school year!

 The University of Central Oklahoma has several events scheduled:

-October 31st- Homecoming Central Close Up - Attend the HS Senior Day and stay for Homecoming festivities on Friday night and Saturday

-December 5th- Winterglow Central close up - Attend the HS Senior Day and see how the university partners with the community to celebrate the holidays

-January 28th- January Central Close up - Get an in depth look into academics, scholarship and student involvement. Also, meet faulty members from the various academic colleges.  For more info or to register go to http://www.uco.edu/em/events or call  405-974-2610

Northeastern State University will be hosting Riverhawk Rally on November 15th. This is  a fun event where students will get to tour the campus, meet with the financial aid department, meet faculty, and even go to a football game! Please register online at www.nsuok.edu/RiverHawkRally

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences