Friday, 9/19 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Sep 19, 2014, 10:19:18 AM9/19/14
to tsasnotes
Upcoming Events:
  • Parent/Teacher Conferences ~ Thursday, September 25, 4:00-8:00 pm
  • Parent/Teacher Conferences ~ Friday, September 26, 8:00 am - 12 noon
  • No School - Parent/Teacher Conferences ~ Friday, September 26
Parent and Student Help Needed!!
The Back to School Dance will be this Friday, September 19th, from
7:00 - 10:00 pm in the TSAS gym. This PTSA sponsored dance is a fun event for all TSAS students.  Outside guests are not invited to attend.  The $5 entry fee includes a PTSA yearly membership.
  • Parent and student volunteers are needed to help provide in-school poster advertisements, decorations, and snacks. If you are interested in providing snacks, please sign up at the following link:  http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4daead283-back1
  • If you are interested in volunteering for decorating, set- up, chaperoning, or clean up, please email Kristine Dugan at krpd...@oal.com.
Attention Parents!!
Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, September 25. Let's show our wonderful teachers how much we appreciate them by providing an evening meal.  The theme of our dinner is Mexican Fiesta. Items may be dropped off in the lounge after 3:00 on Thursday. Refrigerator space is very limited.  If you bring your item in a non-disposable container, please label it with your name.  Thanks so much for supporting our teachers.  Please contact Kelley Bryan at kelleybryan@yahoo.com if you have questions.
Here is the link to sign up:

Our PTSA is Sponsoring a PAPER DRIVE!
Please help support our teachers and students by donating copy paper and Kleenex/tissues.  You may drop off your paper donation at the front office. Thanks for your support!

Jostens is mailing brochures to Juniors and Seniors:
Parents of Seniors: Please watch your mail for a small brochure mailed from Jostens that will outline upcoming dates for Senior graduation details.  This brochure should arrive in advance of the Jostens visit with the Seniors at TSAS on Tuesday, September 23rd.

Parents of Juniors:  Please watch your mail for a small brochure mailed from Jostens that will outline ordering graduation rings.  The brochure provides details and dates about their visit to TSAS to meet with the Juniors.

Calling all Sushi Lovers!
Come out and support your school at Sushi Train this Monday, Sept. 22nd, from 6:00 until 8:00 pm.   TSAS will receive 15% of any items purchased by anyone who says they’re with TSAS. Just be sure to mention you’re there to support our school!  Please bring the whole family and eat lots and lots of sushi!

Individual online user name and password information for the TSAS gradebook is now available.  Students and parents can pick up this information from the front office.

Students on free/reduced meals must complete a new application each school year. Benefits from last school year will expire on September 24, so please turn in a new application as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and in the Cafe, or on the TSAS website at tsas.org.

Substitute teachers are needed for this school year.  If you are interested in subbing at TSAS, please email Liesa at lsm...@tsas.org.

The PTSA is looking for an individual to help coordinate Teacher Appreciation events throughout the year.  If you have previously volunteered or wish to help organize our Teacher Appreciation activities, please email Kelley at kelle...@yahoo.com.

Student Announcements:

It'd be cool if you came to the cross country meet this Saturday at Holland Hall!  The location is on 81st between Sheridan and Yale. Races start at 10:00.

Junior Council will have a meeting today in Ellen's room at lunch.

Writers Anonymous!  All writers come to Shades of Brown today at 6:30.  Bring something to write with and new members are welcome. Contact Jenny Hiller or Jaden Dunn if you have questions.

Anime meets Mondays at lunch for general meetings and Fridays after school for viewings.

Recognizing the need of students to find a color printer for their designs, we are postponing the school vote for the hoodie/t-shirt design art contest until Monday September 22 at lunch.  Please bring all final entries to Mrs. Hughes before the beginning of second hour on Monday. Voting will take place Monday at lunch and after school until 3:15.

Speech and Debate will have its first meeting from 3:00-4:00 today in room 8.  We will be picking our "Bigs and Littles" and getting to know one another.  Please see Mrs. Hughes if you cannot attend.

Ongoing Announcements:

Students on free/reduced meals must complete a new application each school year. Benefits from last school year will expire on  Wednesday, September 24, so please turn in a new application as soon as possible. Applications are available in the main office and in the Cafe, or on the TSAS website at tsas.org.

Garden Club is selling flower bulbs for fall planting!  Please see a Garden Club member for details or follow this link for online ordering. Orders will be taken through October 1.   http://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/i/t/440767/632sdj4C84gt

Attention Juniors!
It's time for the PSAT! Bring $15 to Mary by Friday, September 26th in order to sign up. Any interested sophomores and freshmen may sign up during the week of September 29-October 3.

NHS is sponsoring an Advisory Peanut Butter Drive for Iron Gate.  Please bring new, unopened jars of peanut butter to your advisers. The contest will run through October 8 and the winning advisory gets a pizza party!

Seniors:  Jostens representatives will be in the TSAS gym on Tuesday, September 23 at lunch.   They will provide information forms for your caps and gowns plus forms for graduation invitations and Senior goodies. The representatives will return on October 2 at lunch in the gym to pick up your orders. If you do not attend, YOU will be totally responsible for ordering your cap and gown--you will also be responsible for fees on late orders.

Juniors:  Jostens representatives will be in the TSAS gym on Wednesday, September 24 at lunch to introduce their class ring collection.  They will have order forms, which they will pick up in the gym at lunch on October 24.

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences