Wednesday, 1/21 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Jan 21, 2015, 10:22:30 AM1/21/15
to tsasnotes

Upcoming Events:

  • Open House ~ Thursday, February 5, 6:30 pm

  • Applications Due ~ Friday, February 13, 3:30 pm
  • President's Day ~ No School ~ Monday, February 16
  • TSAS Lottery ~ Tuesday, February 17, 3:30 pm
  • 2nd Session Ends ~ Friday, February 20
  • 3rd Session Begins ~ Monday, February 23
  • Professional Day ~ No School ~ Monday, March 2

Testing Monitors Needed

We need you! Please consider volunteering to help with our upcoming state testing.  We will be testing January 20th through February 13th with a wide variety of time slots available.  If you are available to help monitor a test, please contact the front office at 918-828-7727 to make scheduling arrangements.

There is a limited number of TSAS yearbooks left. Visit TSAS Yearbook Order Center to order yours, or email dh...@tsas.org for help. They are going fast!

New Student Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year are available to be picked up in the main office. Please encourage any interested future students and their parents to pick up an application as soon as possible. Sibling Applications are also available for any sibling of a currently attending TSAS student.

**All applications must submitted by February 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm.

Upcoming Events for Interested Students and Parents:
Open House I - Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 6:30-8:00 pm
Open House II - Thursday, February 5, 2015, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Lottery - February 17, 2015, 3:30 pm - TSAS gym

TSAS is located at 3441 E Archer St, Tulsa, OK 74115

Student Announcements:

KEY CLUB: We have a meeting today in Madame Doss's room at lunch!

Dr. Who Club meets today from 3:00-4:00 in room 30.

Student-sponsored Bible Study meets tomorrow morning at 8:00 am in Mama Hahn's room.

Congratulations to Junior Charles Burts who won the Anime Club art competition with his "Soul Eater" piece.  Runner up props to Senior Robin Waldie with her piece "Blue Tear."

Snowball tickets go on sale starting today at lunch in front of the gym! This year's Snowball, titled "Winter Wonderland," will be on Saturday, February 7th from 7:30-10:30 pm at the Arts & Humanities Hardesty Arts Center (AHHA building) at 101 East Archer Street.  Tickets cost $20 per person or $35 for couples.  Students planning on bringing non-TSAS guests must complete a form prior to purchasing tickets.

The TSAS Soccer Team got a big win on Monday night defeating their opponent 11 - 4. Michael O'Hara scored 5 goals for TSAS while Chris Ruiz added 3, andConor McMurchy notched 2. In addition, assists poured in from the likes of Tate Sewell, Corey Carlisle, Derrick Bryan, Nick Prewitt, and John Shaw en route to TSAS's biggest win to date.

Math tutoring is available today after school from 3:00-3:30 and tomorrow morning, 8:30-9:00 am in room 31 (Ingram's room).

The following students were voted by their classmates as the 2015 "family" members for their respective grades and will be featured in the yearbook:

9th grade:
Grandpa: Aren Thompson
Grandma: Maddy Thompson
Dad: Josiah Parks
Mom: Grace Bryan
Big Sister: Bronwyn Luitwieler
Middle Child: Andrew Claytor
Baby Brother: Alex West
Wacky Uncle: David Hilow

10th grade:
Grandpa: Jacob Marrow
Grandma: Paisley Denton
Dad: Ike Meiring
Mom: Rebecca Alberty
Big Brother: Arlo Anderson
Middle Child: Brandon Balogh
Baby Sister: Emma Smith
Wacky Uncle: Isaac Bossa

11th grade:
Grandpa: Mantle Martin
Grandma: Katy Rigsbee
Dad: Patrick Lawrence
Mom: Elizabeth Malone
Big Sister: Carly Hughes
Middle Child: Madeleine Blankenship
Baby Sister: Claire Knight
Wacky Aunt: Renee Kilman

12th grade:
Grandpa: Silas Smith
Grandma: Megan Skocdopole
Dad: Reggie Geiger
Mom: Aspen Pryor
Big Sister: Isabella Goulden
Middle Child: Bella Smith
Baby Brother: Nathan Hairston
Wacky Uncle: Chris Ruiz

Each "family" will have their group picture taken tomorrow. Congratulations!

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences