Tuesday, 12/16 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Dec 16, 2014, 10:17:54 AM12/16/14
to tsasnotes
TSAS needs your annual support. Each year our Foundation, with the help of generous supporters, fills the gap between our needs and the funds we receive from the state as a tuition-free public charter school. As a parent, your support is vital.
Support TSAS today. Go to www.WeAreTSAS.org

New Student Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year are available to be picked up in the main office. Please encourage any interested future students and their parents to pick up an application as soon as possible. Sibling Applications are also available for any sibling of a currently attending TSAS student.

**All applications must submitted by February 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm.

Upcoming Events for Interested Students and Parents:
Open House I - Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 6:30-8:00 pm
Open House II - Thursday, February 5, 2015, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Lottery - February 17, 2015, 3:30 pm - TSAS gym

TSAS is located at 3441 E Archer St, Tulsa, OK 74115

Yearbooks are for sale and there are two ways to order yours!
1. The best method is to order online by going to http://yearbookordercenter.com and entering 10023 in the order number field or TULSA SCH OF ARTS & SCIENCES in the school name field. This will take you to the order center where you may enter your student's name and securely pay online.

2. The other way to order is to fill out a form (available in the TSAS main office) accompanied by cash, check, money order, or credit card information (fill out back of form). All checks should be payable to Herff Jones Yearbooks, NOT TSAS.

Please email dh...@tsas.org with any questions!

Student Announcements:

Spanish tutoring today from 3:00-4:00 pm.

Garden Club will meet today at 3:00 in Ms. Block's room to take our yearbook photo and discuss plans for spring.  All are welcome to attend.

Anime Club will meet Friday from 3:00-4:00 in room 7 to finish our holiday viewing.

Debate will meet this Friday room 8/Computer Lab to debate our first sides.  Any Speech Team member wanting practice time should sign up for a time with Mrs. Hughes this Thursday 8:30-9:00 or Friday at lunch.  Reminder any Speech and Debate team member planning to compete at Jenks High School on January 9th and 10th:  Because of Winter Break, I must have your permission slipby this Friday, December 19, if you are planning on competing.

Need math help?  After school today and tomorrow from 3:00-3:30 AND before school from 8:30-9:00 on Thursday.  Room 31.

Another great soccer game last night with dozens of saves by goalie Derrick Bryan, and goals by Conor McMurchy and Michael O'Hara. Michael's goal came on a gorgeous assist from Tate Sewell. No punches were thrown. Go TSAS!

Remember to bring your donations for the NHS Warm Things drive.  The drive will end tomorrow, Wednesday December 17th. If we receive 300 items donated to the drive, we will get the best prize of all....a Pajama Day on Thursday December 18th. Please help us reach our goal! (*Please note that pajamas must follow all TSAS dress code guidelines.)

Friends, please join Jenny's advisory for our 3rd annual coin drive. This year the collection will go to Bless the Children Ministries (BTCM) housed right here in Tulsa!  BTCM runs an orphanage in Uganda.  The money raised will go to supplies for their teachers.  Thanks!

Seniors:  You have  four days to submit the following to Dan for the yearbook:
  • a senior picture
  • a baby picture
  • a senior quote
  • your definition of 'family'
The deadline for these items is Friday, December 19.  See Dan for details.

Need Holiday Help?
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance with food, clothing, housing, or mental health resources during the holiday seasons, please check out the 211resources website:
http://www.211oklahomahelpline.org/resources/guides.htm
You may also dial 211 at any time of day to acquire information on assistance.
Happy Holidays!
Be well.

--
Amber Ingram