Wednesday, 4/22 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Apr 22, 2015, 12:19:17 PM4/22/15
to tsasnotes
Upcoming Events:
  • Progress Reports ~ Thursday, April 23,

Testing Monitors Needed

We need you! Please consider volunteering to help with our upcoming state testing.  We are testing now through May 15th with a wide variety of time slots available. This is an incredible endeavor with 72 slots requiring test monitors.  If you are available, please sign up at the link below:

PTSA Announcement:
The PTSA meeting for this month has been moved to Thursday, April 23rd at 6:00, right before our Parent Night event, "Building a Parent Legacy" (see announcement below).

We are also asking for cookie and brownie donations for the Parent Night on April 23rd. Sign up here if you can help:  http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080549abab2da64-parent

Dearest TSAS Parents, mark your calendars for a new and upcoming
PARENT NIGHT event for all: "Building a Parenting Legacy"

During the evening we will have the opportunity to learn how to re-frame our view of discipline issues in our homes from problems needing to be stopped to moments where we get to teach and learn new skills vital for our families' future success.  We will not only discuss these vital skills but also learn how these skills teach our children values such as integrity, respect, commitment, responsibility, and more.

Date: Thursday, April 23rd at 6:30 PM
Topic: "Building a Parenting Legacy"
Guest Speaker: Kyle Wester, LPC, Life Connection Counseling Center
Yum yums: Pizza!
Sponsored by PTSA

Contact Mary Hawkins, counselor, at mhaw...@tsas.org with any questions.

The third annual TSAS Gala is May 9th 2015! The proceeds from this fabulous night go to the TSAS Foundation, which support all of the great work at TSAS. If your company would be interested in helping sponsor the Gala, there are opportunities available now. Please email found...@tsas.org for more information.

Student Announcements:

The time for building schedules for next year is upon us!
The plan for 2015-2016 schedule appointments is as follows:

2016 SENIORS:
*In an effort to more effectively serve 2016 Seniors, Mary will meet with all Seniors during the school day.
*No appointment is necessary. REPEAT.  No appointment is necessary.
*Mary will begin calling Seniors in for individual appointments in alphabetical order during school hours starting this week.  Our hope is that this will be most advantageous for assisting Seniors in the college and career planning process.  Away we go!

2016 SOPHOMORES AND JUNIORS:
Please sign up for an appointment time in the MAIN OFFICE.  You may stop by  before school, during lunch, after school or between classes to sign up.  You may NOT sign up during class time, however.  Thank you!

Hey all artists! You have only three days left to turn in submissions to Ex Cineribus! There are forms placed around school so make sure you grab one! We especially need all forms of writing (personal essays, poetry, short stories...etc.). Don't stress thooouuuggghhhhh.

ATTENTION AP TEST TAKERS!  The remainder of what is owed on your AP test(s) is due to Mary by Thursday, April 30th Please note: A hold will be placed on your student account if payment is not received in full.

Dr. Who Club will meet today from 3:00 - 4:00 in Mrs. Lance's room.

Student-sponsored Bible Study meets tomorrow morning at 8:00 am in Mama Hahn's room.

Speech and Debate will meet Friday at lunch to discuss camp opportunities and to take our State photo.  Anyone who made it to Regionals and beyond should bring his/her medals and wear your shirts if you have one.

Garden Club is selling flowers for spring planting!  Please see a Garden Club member for details or follow this link for online ordering. Orders will be taken through May 1.
http://www.flowerpowerfundraising.com/campaign?campaign_id=21690

SENIOR ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Senior Trip reminder!  Completed permission form AND payment of $50 is due by today. Visit the table in the lobby at lunch each day until then to reserve your spot!

Seniors, the official final deadline for the graduation morph is Friday, April 24th.Anyone who has not submitted photos by that time will be left out. Talk to Dan with any questions or to submit photos.

Seniors:  It is time for you to complete the 2-3 sentences that will be read as you proudly walk across the stage at your graduation.  Please compose 2-3 sentences that tell about your plans for next year:  education, military, travel, or some other great adventure; also include your thank yous or special remarks, Please write your sentences in 3rd person and email your sentences to sl...@tsas.org by Friday, May 1

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences