Friday, 11/14 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Nov 14, 2014, 10:21:48 AM11/14/14
to tsasnotes
Student Announcements:

Since winter weather is upon us, please remember that in the case of school closings, TSAS always follows TPS school closings. If you see TPS school closing notices on the news, that means we will be closed as well.  TSAS school closings will also be sent out via TSAS Notes and posted on Facebook.

Senior Council meeting today at lunch in Profe's room.

All those in Madame Doss' advisory:
Please come to Madame Doss' room today at lunch to say hey to a former "mustachio"-- Lestat!

All Speech and Debate team members planning to attend the Mounds Tournament on November 21-22nd must have their permission slips turned in to me no later than Monday by the end of the school day.  If I do not hear from you I will assume you are not attending.  If you are making up the class final, you must turn in your permission slip by Monday as well.

Mrs. Ingram will have a very brief but important meeting on Monday at lunch (12 noon) in room 31 for all students who signed up for next weekend's ACT Prep workshop. Please check in with Mrs. Ingram if you are unable to attend.  Students who signed up for the workshop but are now unable to attend one or both days need to notify Mrs. Ingram as soon as possible.

Seniors:  Please check and initial your name on the list in Room 28 by Wednesday, November 19.  On Thursday, November 20 the list will be emailed to Jostens to be printed on the mugs.  The current spelling will be used unless you make a correction.

With the approaching start of a new trimester comes thoughts about schedule adjustments.  Please be mindful that much time has already been invested to assist students in handcrafting his/her schedule for the year.  Thus, adjustments will only be made out of great necessity. The last day to sign up with Mary for schedule adjustments for the 2nd trimester is Wednesday, November 19

Debate will meet today after school from 3-4:15. We will run two debates and then have round table discussions.

Anime will meet today after school from 3-4 to continue our viewing.  We will have a Ramen sampling to go with the viewing but you must bring your own bowl and utensils.  Bring your favorite packets!

College Event Updates:

The OU School of Art & Art History in Norman is hosting an event this weekend on Saturday, Nov. 15 for the Sooner Saturday Open House! This event is free and no registration is required to attend our Open House from 11-3. The event is come-and-go and open to students, parents, teachers, groups or individuals.

Naval Academy Admissions Event:

There will be an Admissions Information Forum (midshipmen will attend) in Tulsa on Sunday, November 23 from 2-4 PM at the Hardesty Library (93rd and Memorial-on the hill behind Jackie Cooper Imports Auto dealership).  Reservations not required.

There will be a similar event in Oklahoma City at Bishop McGuinness HS on Saturday, November 29, from 10 AM until noon as well.

William Jewell College:  Journey to Jewell date: December 6th.  Please call 816-415-7511 or 1-888-253-9355 for more information or to register.

November 15th NSU will be hosting Riverhawk Rally. This is  a fun event where students will get to tour the campus, meet with financial aid, meet faculty, and even go to a football game! Please register online at www.nsuok.edu/RiverHawkRally

University of Arkansas Fort Smith Preview Days are scheduled for November 22 and December 9th.        Register online at UAFS.EDU/PREVIEW-DAYS .  Check-in begins at 8:30 and the event ends after lunch.

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences