Thursday, 4/17 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Apr 17, 2014, 11:04:54 AM4/17/14
to tsasnotes
Upcoming Events:
  • Thursday, April 17 ~ Progress Reports handed out during Advisory
  • Thursday, April 17 ~ Parent Teacher Conferences, 4:00-8:00 pm
  • Saturday, April 19 ~ TSAS Prom at Skyline 60, CityPlex Towers, 81st and Lewis, 7:30-10:30 pm
  • Saturday, April 26 ~ TSAS Cross Country Garage Sale
  • Saturday, May 3 ~ TSAS Phoenix Gala

Parent Teacher Conferences are fast approaching, and our beloved tireless teachers will be working all through the evening to meet with you and report on your students' progress. This means that they'll be HUNGRY, and you don't want to meet with a teacher with a growl-y stomach. Let's show them our appreciation by providing hot dishes and nibbles to keep their energy and spirits up!

Sign up here to let everyone know what you're bringing, and bring your contribution to the Teacher's Lounge by 3:30 on Thursday, 4/17/14.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080549ABAB2DA64-feed1

URGENT! TEST MONITORS NEEDED! Spring End of Instruction testing is currently underway.  Test Monitors will be needed from April 14th-May 9th.  Please call the front desk to sign up to help today!  Thank you!

Student Announcements:

Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled to take place today from 4:00-8:00 pm.  Students:  Please tell your parents to email teachers directly regarding time slots.  The teacher emails are on the TSAS website.

Want to help TSAS grow with a new outdoor classroom?
Boy Scout Matthew Malcom is resurrecting the old outdoor classroom structure from the fire site and rebuilding a new structure at TSAS for his Eagle Project.  If you'd like to help, please donate and support TSAS and the Eagle Project in it's remembrance of the Barnard site and the continued rising of the Phoenix!

A donation box will be set up in the school office until next Friday, April 28th, or you can help at http://www.gofundme.com/8diepo. Thank you!

History Club members who are "even" considering the May 23 trip, PLEASE attend a quick meeting at noon tomorrow.  ONE vote is needed!

We will be having elections at our Key Club meeting today at lunch in Madame Doss's room!

NHS meeting today at lunch in Stallings's room.

Anime Club meeting tomorrow at lunch in Mrs. Hughes's room.

ATTENTION AP TEST TAKERS! All money for AP tests is due to Maryby Friday, May 2nd.  Please note a hold will be placed on your transcript/diploma until money is received.

Submissions for Ex Cineribus are due Monday, April 21st. Submissions are open to everyone at TSAS: teachers, freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and staff.

Prom tickets are on sale now through tomorrow! Get yours at lunch for only $45, or get two for the special price of $80. Checks need to be made out to TSAS with "prom" written on memo line. Tickets will be for sale in room 5.   Remember, if you plan on bringing a non-TSAS student, you must fill out a permission slip with their information before a ticket can be purchased. The Prom will be held on Saturday, April 19 from 7:30-10:30 pm at the CityPlex Towers Skyline 60 at 81st and Lewis.

Are you looking for something super artsy to do this summer? The Kravis Summer Arts Seminar is for you! Spend 2 weeks making art at the TU School of Art-- choose between jewelry making, pottery and wheel throwing, printmaking, flash animation and digital media, mixed media acrylic painting and charcoal / watercolor. You choose two classes for a steal of a price, and scholarships are available. Go to http://www.tulsaschools.org/3_Parents/summer_kravisArts.asp for more info. Early birds also receive $25 off for enrolling before tomorrow, April 18th.

Ongoing Announcements:

There is a sign up sheet above the coffee bar for those people wanting to help decorate for prom.  Decorating will take place on the morning of Saturday, April 19.  We need as much help as possible and as many white twinkle lights as possible.  Thank you

We have about a week to prepare for the cross country garage sale which will be held here at TSAS on Saturday, April 26. Please donate goods ASAP and if possible bring them to the gym.  We are limited on the usage of trucks, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is our ONLY fundraising venture.

Cross country kids please sign up in the gym to work the garage sale. Also, start saving bags/sacks for the big day!

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences