Friday, 8/29 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Aug 29, 2014, 10:20:01 AM8/29/14
to tsasnotes
Upcoming Events:
  • Labor Day ~ No School ~ Monday, September 1
Individual online user name and password information for the TSAS gradebook is now available.  Students and parents can pick up this information from the front office.

Substitute teachers are needed for this school year.  If you are interested in subbing at TSAS, please email Liesa at lsm...@tsas.org.

The PTSA is looking for an individual to help coordinate Teacher Appreciation events throughout the year.  If you have previously volunteered or wish to help organize our Teacher Appreciation activities, please email Kelley at kelle...@yahoo.com.

Carpool Rides Needed:
We have some TSAS students needing help with transportation. If you live near any of these cross-streets and want to be a part of a carpool, please email Liesa at lsm...@tsas.org and she will help make a connection.
  • 51st & Sheridan
  • 61st & Sheridan (after school only)
  • North of 71st between Memorial and Sheridan
  • 61st & Harvard
  • 71st & Lewis
  • 21st & Harvard
  • 36th & Harvard (after school only)
Student Announcements:

There is no school on Monday, September 1 due to Labor Day.  Enjoy your three day weekend!

Students whose parents did not attend Back to School Night last night can pick up their online gradebook user name and password from the front office.  Please stop by during lunch or before/after school.

Senior Council: meeting in Profe's room at lunch TODAY.

ATTENTION: All current and prospective members of OML need to come by Okapal's room (14) TODAY AT NOON. We will not be meeting next week due to Labor Day, and we need to discuss our project for the next few weeks.

Important Ultimate Frisbee meeting today during lunch in Smetana/Murphy's classroom (room 7).  Anyone who is interested in Ultimate Frisbee is welcome to attend.  We will be discussing practices and fundraising.  Contact Julia Factor or John Shaw for more info.

Louder Than A Bomb, a performance based poetry group is starting its second year at TSAS!  If you want to be part of this, come to Ellen and Daniel's room (room 5) today at noon. If you want more information on what LTAB is see Ellen or Kat Weaver.

Anime club will have a meeting today at lunch in Mrs. Hughes's room (room 8).  New members are welcome.

Please join the cross country team at Mohawk Park this Saturday!  High school races begin at 9 am!

Hey Key Club! We have an activity this Monday! Let's help out and do some "labor" at La Fortune park. We will be meeting at the Kaiser Library at 10 to go around and pick up trash. It will take as long as you take to go around the park and pickup. Bring trash bags and a great smile!! See you all there.

Reminder:  The Philbrook Museum of Art is now taking applications for their pilot program, The Collective.  Applications are due no later than Sunday, August 31st, and student interviews will begin the first week of September. For more info and an application, see Foshee.

Are you thinking of attending Tulsa Community College?  If so, mark your calendar for the Day of Vision on November 1st.  It will be held at the Metro Campus in downtown Tulsa.  In its 25th year, this nationally recognized program focuses on familiarizing students with college life, helping students explore funding opportunities, introducing essential skills for college success, and allowing students to explore various career paths.  Contact the TSAS Tulsa Community College representative Nash McQuarters with any additional questions at Nash.Mc...@tulsacc.edu

---------------------------------------
 Mark your calendar for the 28th ANNUAL COLLEGE CONNECTION!

WHEN: Sunday, September 7, 2014, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

WHERE: Central Park Hall at Expo Square Fairgrounds – Tulsa, Oklahoma. Enter from 21st Street west of Yale Avenue.

WHO: Representatives of over 140 selected colleges, universities, and selected financial and educational services from across the nation will be meeting with students and their parents from public and private high schools throughout Northeastern Oklahoma. This year's event is certain to be bigger and better than ever. 17,000 invitations are mailed to area students' homes!

WHAT: An outstanding no-cost opportunity for area high school juniors and seniors and their parents to learn about all aspects of colleges and universities the students may be interested in attending. Participating colleges will be represented by admissions officers, counselors, well-versed alumni, and/or others qualified to respond to students' and parents' questions. Free literature will be available at virtually every college's display.

WHY: To better enable Tulsa area young people and their parents to make the best possible choice for their individual needs in seeking affordable, high-quality post-secondary educational opportunities.

There is NO COST to attending students and families.

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences