Monday, 11/24 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Nov 24, 2014, 10:10:39 AM11/24/14
to tsasnotes
Need Holiday Help?
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance with food, clothing, housing, or mental health resources during the holiday seasons, please check out the 211resources website:
http://www.211oklahomahelpline.org/resources/guides.htm
You may also dial 211 at any time of day to acquire information on assistance.
Happy Holidays!
Be well.

TSAS 15 Days of Christmas

From December 1 - 19th we need 2 volunteers a day to bring our heroes, the TSAS teachers, some yummy goodies to munch on. We'll need one sweet and one savory each day. They need to be dropped off at the front office before school, or as close to the start of the school day as possible. To participate in the 15 Days of Christmas, follow this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4daead283-tsas

Share the love, feed a teacher, and make their holidays merry and bright!

Yearbooks are for sale and there are two ways to order yours!
1. The best method is to order online by going to http://yearbookordercenter.com and entering 10023 in the order number field or TULSA SCH OF ARTS & SCIENCES in the school name field. This will take you to the order center where you may enter your student's name and securely pay online.

2. The other way to order is to fill out a form (available in the TSAS main office) accompanied by cash, check, money order, or credit card information (fill out back of form). All checks should be payable to Herff Jones Yearbooks, NOT TSAS.

Please email dh...@tsas.org with any questions!
Student Announcements:

Friends, please join Jenny's advisory for our 3rd annual coin drive. It will go from Thanksgiving to Christmas break.   This year the collection will go to Bless the Children Ministries (BTCM) housed right here in Tulsa!  BTCM runs an orphanage in Uganda.  The money raised will go to supplies for their teachers.  Thanks!

TOP SECRET:  Anyone who would like to contribute to a gift for Jay--the world's best and nicest custodian--please take $1.00 to Dr. Lee or Mr. Brumfield by Thursday, December 4.  Remember:  this is to be a special surprise.  Loose Lips Sink Ships!

Reminder that school will be closed for Thanksgiving Break Wednesday, November 26 through Friday, November 28.

Junior Class meeting in Ellen's room today at lunch!

Peer math tutoring today after school in Mrs. Ingram's room (room 31).  If you have a test tomorrow or just have some pre-holiday homework that you don't quite understand, be sure to stop in from 3:00 - 3:30 and get some help.

On My Level, the social justice club for TSAS, will be meeting today after school in room 14 from 3-4. This week we will be discussing recruitment and introducing the club's mission to any new members who choose to stop by.

NHS meeting tomorrow in Stallings's room at noon. Get there ASAP so we can make it quick.

If you are interested in Rock Climbing, meet in Ellen's room tomorrow, Tuesday, at lunch.

NHS will be beginning the Warm Things drive the Monday after Thanksgiving Break so clean out your closets and bring in warm things you no longer can use! The boxes will be in the lobby near the coffee bar!

There will be a TSAS soccer game tonight at 8:30 at Soccer City at 61st and Garnett. It's free to attend, so come out and support!

Anime Club will not meet this week.

Speech and Debate will not meet this week but ballots are available at lunch for review in Mrs. Hughes's room.

The yearbook is on sale for $55. This price will increase after Jan 1st. Talk to or email Dan for details or to order.

Last week all students should have received order forms for the annual TSAS clothing sale.  Additional forms are available in the front office or in Mrs. Hughes's room.  You can also talk to Tim Wise or Carly Hughes.  Order forms can be returned to the front office today and tomorrow. or you can give your forms to Mrs. Hughes or the front office after Thanksgiving Break.  All payment and forms must be received no later than Monday December 8th in order for our school to receive our items before Winter Break on December 19th.

Students who took Intro to Art Media, Painting I or 3D Art first session need to come pick up their work today or tomorrow or else it will be recycled. Thanks!

ATTENTION FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORE STUDENTS AND PARENTS!
TSAS will be hosting an EXPLORE/PLAN test Parent Night on Tuesday, December 2nd at 6:30 PM
Lisa Nelson, Coordinator for Student Preparation at the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, will be our guest speaker.  She will discuss the
9th grade EXPLORE and 10th grade PLAN student score reports.  These are preliminary ACT tests that students took earlier this fall.  The student report provides information about academic progress as well as activities that help students begin the process of career and educational exploration. We hope to see you there!

College Event Updates:

William Jewell College:  Journey to Jewell date: December 6th.  Please call 816-415-7511 or 1-888-253-9355 for more information or to register.

University of Arkansas Fort Smith Preview Day is scheduled December 9th.  Register online at UAFS.EDU/PREVIEW-DAYS .  Check-in begins at 8:30 and the event ends after lunch.

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences