TSAS Notes - Thursday, 11/20

Liesa Smith

Nov 20, 2014, 11:19:55 AM11/20/14
to TSAS Notes

TSAS 15 Days of Christmas

From December 1 - 19th we need 2 volunteers a day to bring our heroes, the TSAS teachers, some yummy goodies to munch on. We'll need one sweet and one savory each day. They need to be dropped off at the front office before school, or as close to the start of the school day as possible. To participate in the 15 Days of Christmas, follow this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4daead283-tsas

Share the love, feed a teacher, and make their holidays merry and bright!

ATTENTION FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORE STUDENTS AND PARENTS!
TSAS will be hosting an EXPLORE/PLAN test Parent Night on Tuesday, December 2nd at 6:30 PM. We will distribute and discuss student results from these preliminary ACT tests and give helpful tips on how to improve student success on the ACT national college admissions examination.  We hope to see you there!

Student Announcements:
Peer math tutoring is available today after school from 3:00-3:30 in room 31.

Spanish tutoring is available today after school from 3-4pm.

Senior CLASS meeting tomorrow in Profe's room at lunch (11:55). Please come vote on Senior t-shirt designs.

The yearbook is on sale for $55. This price will increase after Jan 1st. Talk to or email Dan for details or to order.

ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS!
A representative from Tulsa Community College will be giving a presentation about TCC and the Tulsa Achieves program today during lunch in Ellen and Daniel's room.  Come and ask questions and get great information!

Attention ACT test takers who signed up for Mrs. Ingram's workshop:  We will meet in Room 5 tomorrow from 6:00 - 9:00 pm and again on Saturday morning from 9:30 am til 12:30 pm.  Please bring something to write on, something to write with, and your own graphing calculator if you have one.  Please note the changed time for Saturday's session.

Attention NHS members and anyone attending the Iron Gate soup kitchen on Saturday November 22 from 8 am to 12:30 pm: Arrive to Iron Gate no later than 8:00 am. When you arrive, enter through the right-side door near the playground; do not enter through the front door with the iron gates. Ask Megan Skocdopole for further questions. Address: 501 S Cincinnati Ave, Tulsa,  OK 74103.

College Event Updates:

Naval Academy Admissions Event:

There will be an Admissions Information Forum (midshipmen will attend) in Tulsa on Sunday, November 23 from 2-4 PM at the Hardesty Library (93rd and Memorial-on the hill behind Jackie Cooper Imports Auto dealership).  Reservations not required.

There will be a similar event in Oklahoma City at Bishop McGuinness HS on Saturday, November 29, from 10 AM until noon as well.

William Jewell College:  Journey to Jewell date: December 6th.  Please call 816-415-7511 or 1-888-253-9355 for more information or to register.

University of Arkansas Fort Smith Preview Days are scheduled for November 22 and December 9th.        Register online at UAFS.EDU/PREVIEW-DAYS .  Check-in begins at 8:30 and the event ends after lunch.

--
WE ARE TSAS...WE RISE!
Liesa Smith