Friday, 12/12 Announcements

Amber Ingram

Dec 12, 2014, 10:22:44 AM12/12/14
to tsasnotes
New Student Applications for the 2015-2016 academic year are available to be picked up in the main office. Please encourage any interested future students and their parents to pick up an application as soon as possible. Sibling Applications are also available for any sibling of a currently attending TSAS student.

**All applications must submitted by February 13, 2015 at 3:30 pm.

Upcoming Events for Interested Students and Parents:
Open House I - Tuesday, January 20, 2015, 6:30-8:00 pm
Open House II - Thursday, February 5, 2015, 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Lottery - February 17, 2015, 3:30 pm - TSAS gym

TSAS is located at 3441 E Archer St, Tulsa, OK 74115

Share the world with a Rotary Foreign Exchange Student! TSAS Senior Chase Baker has earned a spot as an outbound Rotary Int'l foreign exchange student if he can find families willing to host an inbound exchange student coming to Tulsa. Hosting lasts 3-4 months during the 2015-2016 school year. For more info about this amazing opportunity, please contact Chase Baker or Becky Baker at jbcc...@yahoo.com by Dec 15.

Yearbooks are for sale and there are two ways to order yours!
1. The best method is to order online by going to http://yearbookordercenter.com and entering 10023 in the order number field or TULSA SCH OF ARTS & SCIENCES in the school name field. This will take you to the order center where you may enter your student's name and securely pay online.

2. The other way to order is to fill out a form (available in the TSAS main office) accompanied by cash, check, money order, or credit card information (fill out back of form). All checks should be payable to Herff Jones Yearbooks, NOT TSAS.

Please email dh...@tsas.org with any questions!

Student Announcements:

Zoe Dayton and Dartan Phillips have been selected to represent TSAS (District 9) in the Hard Knocks Annual High School Hunger Games Tournament! They are training hard all week and will compete in the final tournament this Sunday, December 14th. Go to the event’s facebook page and cheer on your tributes. May the odds be ever in their favor!https://www.facebook.com/events/1556719981210154/

Remember to bring your donations for the NHS Warm Things drive.  The drive will end on Wednesday December 17th. If we receive 300 items donated to the drive, we will get the best prize of all....a Pajama Day on Thursday December 18th. Please help us reach our goal! (*Please note that pajamas must follow all TSAS dress code guidelines.)

Speech and Debate will meet today from 3-4 after school in Mrs. Hughes's room and the computer lab.

Anime Club will meet today from 3-4.

Anime Club will welcome all entries into their annual art contest beginning today, December 12th.  Categories include:  Novice, Original Character, Advanced, and Digital Design.  Entries are four dollars. See Jaden Dunn or Jack Reynolds if you have any questions.

Friends, please join Jenny's advisory for our 3rd annual coin drive. This year the collection will go to Bless the Children Ministries (BTCM) housed right here in Tulsa!  BTCM runs an orphanage in Uganda.  The money raised will go to supplies for their teachers.  Thanks!

Reminders for Seniors:
All those with corrections or those who have not checked the final list, please come to Room 28 this week!

Seniors:  You have one week to submit the following to Dan for the yearbook:
  • a senior picture
  • a baby picture
  • a senior quote
  • your definition of 'family'
The deadline for these items is December 19.  See Dan for details.

Are you interested in attending Tulsa Tech in 2015-2016?  If so, please sign up outside of Mary's office to meet with our Tulsa Tech representative on the TSAS campus in January.

Need Holiday Help?
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance with food, clothing, housing, or mental health resources during the holiday seasons, please check out the 211resources website:
http://www.211oklahomahelpline.org/resources/guides.htm
You may also dial 211 at any time of day to acquire information on assistance.
Happy Holidays!
Be well.

College Event Updates:

University of Arkansas Fort Smith Preview Day is scheduled December 9th.  Register online at UAFS.EDU/PREV

--
Amber Ingram
Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences