Feature request. Trade terms (Inco-Terms)

Axel Braun

Jun 8, 2013, 6:14:59 AM6/8/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen,

I would like to request to add trade terms (aka Inco-terms) to the Tryton
standard.

Trade terms describe unter which conditions goos are delivered/purchased, and
by this are part of customer/vendor master. In customer / vendor master the
standard term is set, e.g. we always deliver to customer xyz with trade term
FOB

Standard trade terms are:

CFR Costs and freight
CIF Cost,Insurance and Freigh
CIP Carriage,Insurance Paid
CPT Carriage Paid To
DAF Delivered At Frontier
DAP Delivered at Place
DAT Delivered at Terminal
DDP Delivered Duty Paid
DDU Delivered Duty Unpaid
DEQ Delivered Ex Quay
DES Delivered Ex Ship
EXW Ex Works
FAS Free Alongside Ship
FCA Free Carrier
FH Free house
FOB Free on board
UN Not free

Some of them require additionally a city to be entered, e.g. FOB Hamburg
So the customer maste for XYZ would receive the entry FOB Hamburg.

Next to the TLA (FOB) the short text (Free on board) should be displayed.
Short text must be translatable.

Inco terms should go as well into Sales and purchase order, delivery and
invoice.

Let me know your thoughts. If you have additional questions, I'm happy to
answer

Cheers
Axel

Cédric Krier

Jun 8, 2013, 6:50:31 AM6/8/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
Those terms sounds pretty vague and not exclusive.

> Some of them require additionally a city to be entered, e.g. FOB Hamburg
> So the customer maste for XYZ would receive the entry FOB Hamburg.
>
> Next to the TLA (FOB) the short text (Free on board) should be displayed.

What does TLA mean?

> Short text must be translatable.
>
> Inco terms should go as well into Sales and purchase order, delivery and
> invoice.

Anyway, those terms doesn't really match the design of Tryton.
All I see that can be done is to compute the sets based on current
Sale/Purchase parameters.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Axel Braun

Jun 8, 2013, 5:08:29 PM6/8/13
to try...@googlegroups.com, Cédric Krier
What means 'vague and not exclusive'?
These are standard terms:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms

> > Some of them require additionally a city to be entered, e.g. FOB Hamburg
> > So the customer maste for XYZ would receive the entry FOB Hamburg.
> >
> > Next to the TLA (FOB) the short text (Free on board) should be displayed.
>
> What does TLA mean?

Three Letter Acronym - the abbreviation

> > Short text must be translatable.
> >
> > Inco terms should go as well into Sales and purchase order, delivery and
> > invoice.
>
> Anyway, those terms doesn't really match the design of Tryton.

In which way?
Does it mean that Tryton is not designed to have standard business terms
delivered in standard?

> All I see that can be done is to compute the sets based on current
> Sale/Purchase parameters.

They are not computed. They are set according to the negitiations between
trading partners

Cheers/Axel

Cédric Krier

Jun 9, 2013, 6:14:01 AM6/9/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
"vague" was your description, at least the wikipedia page seems to provide
a good desscription. But it doesn't contain all yours.

"not exclusive", from your description it doesn't seem that each one
cover the same area. But looking the wikipedia definition, it seems that
their acronym doesn't expose all they define.

> > > Some of them require additionally a city to be entered, e.g. FOB Hamburg
> > > So the customer maste for XYZ would receive the entry FOB Hamburg.
> > >
> > > Next to the TLA (FOB) the short text (Free on board) should be displayed.
> >
> > What does TLA mean?
>
> Three Letter Acronym - the abbreviation
>
> > > Short text must be translatable.
> > >
> > > Inco terms should go as well into Sales and purchase order, delivery and
> > > invoice.
> >
> > Anyway, those terms doesn't really match the design of Tryton.
>
> In which way?
> Does it mean that Tryton is not designed to have standard business terms
> delivered in standard?

Most of the concept are not covered by Tryton for now.
Some exist with different name or different combination.

> > All I see that can be done is to compute the sets based on current
> > Sale/Purchase parameters.
>
> They are not computed. They are set according to the negitiations between
> trading partners

It is not incompatible.
But for me, the only way to garantee the right support is to compute the
result based on the parameters of the sale/purchase.

Jan Grasnick | Grasbauer UG

Jun 9, 2013, 6:45:14 AM6/9/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
Am 09.06.2013 12:14, schrieb Cédric Krier:
> [...]
I have done a little extension to Sale, where the salesman can simply
choose from the incoterms on each sale. This computes nothing. In our
case the automated calculation of shipping costs depending on the
choosen incoterm is more or less impossible, because the products and
destinations are very heterogeneous and one sale can include different
of them.

So we decided to only declare the incoterm like a hint for both salesman
and customer - raising a userwarning on a couple of them, if no 'cost of
delivery'-Product is on the sale_lines.

Jan

Mathias Behrle

Jun 9, 2013, 1:21:39 PM6/9/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Jan Grasnick | Grasbauer UG: " Re: [tryton] Feature request. Trade terms
(Inco-Terms)" (Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:45:14 +0200):

> Am 09.06.2013 12:14, schrieb Cédric Krier:
>>>>>
> I have done a little extension to Sale, where the salesman can simply
> choose from the incoterms on each sale. This computes nothing. In our
> case the automated calculation of shipping costs depending on the
> choosen incoterm is more or less impossible, because the products and
> destinations are very heterogeneous and one sale can include different
> of them.

+1. Exactly what we did, too.

--

Mathias Behrle
MBSolutions

Tel: +49(761)471023
Fax: +49(761)4770816
http://m9s.biz
UStIdNr: DE 142009020
PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6
signature.asc

Axel Braun

Jun 9, 2013, 2:39:47 PM6/9/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thats basically what I'm looking for: Have the set of inco terms to
select from, and maybe raise some hints. As this is a common needed
functionality, why not to put it in the standard, before reinventing the wheel
all the time?

Cheers/ax

saxa

Oct 14, 2013, 2:25:02 AM10/14/13
to try...@googlegroups.com

Em domingo, 9 de junho de 2013 19h21min39s UTC+2, yangoon escreveu:
* Jan Grasnick | Grasbauer UG: " Re: [tryton] Feature request. Trade terms
  (Inco-Terms)" (Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:45:14 +0200):

> Am 09.06.2013 12:14, schrieb Cédric Krier:
>>>>>
> I have done a little extension to Sale, where the salesman can simply
> choose from the  incoterms on each sale. This computes nothing. In our
> case the automated calculation of shipping costs depending on the
> choosen incoterm is more or less impossible, because the products and
> destinations are very heterogeneous and one sale can include different
> of them.

+1. Exactly what we did, too.

This is basically how this have to be set up. Automation is not needed in that case. But even customs
its looking on the invoice which incoterm was used to ship the goods. And yes, this is what incoterms are for.
They define the obligations and responsabilities of both parties involved in the business. In the international
business they are a must.

Please remember that there are different sets of terms and every 10 years they get updated. Some terms
are no longer in the list as they are in the previous editions. So it is also important to state which version
of incoterms you use. Example:
FOB (incotemrs 2010)

Rgds
Saxa

alste...@googlemail.com

Oct 14, 2013, 7:14:32 AM10/14/13
to try...@googlegroups.com

I have done a little extension to Sale, where the salesman can simply
choose from the  incoterms on each sale. This computes nothing. In our
case the automated calculation of shipping costs depending on the
choosen incoterm is more or less impossible, because the products and
destinations are very heterogeneous and one sale can include different
of them.

So we decided to only declare the incoterm like a hint for both salesman
and customer - raising a userwarning on a couple of them, if no 'cost of
delivery'-Product is on the sale_lines.

Jan

It is important to modify the Incoterm along the process chain. You may offer a product EXW, then get the order, offer three pro forma invoices with EXW, FOB, and CIF so the client can decide which term to go for according to convenience or price. Then you create the final invoice, where you have to declare different Incoterm values because almost all customs authorities world wide need the 'border-crossing value' to be declared. So FCA Brussels could be 1,000.00 Euro and CIF New York can be 1,300.00 Euro. Both values need to be declared in the invoice.

Has your design included this?
Cheers,
Denis

Axel Braun

Oct 14, 2013, 2:38:24 PM10/14/13
to try...@googlegroups.com
Am Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013, 23:25:02 schrieb saxa:
> > Tryton
> > >
> > > I have done a little extension to Sale, where the salesman can simply
> > > choose from the incoterms on each sale. This computes nothing. In our
> > > case the automated calculation of shipping costs depending on the
> > > choosen incoterm is more or less impossible, because the products and
> > > destinations are very heterogeneous and one sale can include different
> > > of them.
>
> +1. Exactly what we did, too.
>

> This is basically how this have to be set up. Automation is not needed in
> that case. But even customs
> its looking on the invoice which incoterm was used to ship the goods. And
> yes, this is what incoterms are for.
> They define the obligations and responsabilities of both parties involved
> in the business. In the international
> business they are a must.
>
> Please remember that there are different sets of terms and every 10 years
> they get updated. Some terms
> are no longer in the list as they are in the previous editions. So it is
> also important to state which version
> of incoterms you use. Example:
> FOB (incotemrs 2010)

I have added a blueprint for this:
http://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/Incoterms

Feel free to contribute, and add a technical design

Cheers/Axel
signature.asc