Re: [tryton] Tryton rounding Problems

Cédric Krier

Dec 20, 2012, 6:44:03 PM12/20/12
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 20/12/12 08:04 -0800, Own OS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I avoid rounding problems with Tryton? I made video of sale who
> show it, there I cant get right value for total costs (26,52 EUR):
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1-ATrZC4o

Please avoid video to report issue.
If you want people understand and talk, please write your test case
here.

--
Cédric Krier

B2CK SPRL
Rue de Rotterdam, 4
4000 Liège
Belgium
Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com
Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Udo Spallek

Dec 21, 2012, 4:26:21 AM12/21/12
to try...@googlegroups.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:04:37 -0800 (PST)
Own OS <owno...@googlemail.com>:
>how can I avoid rounding problems with Tryton? I made video of sale
>who show it, there I cant get right value for total costs (26,52 EUR):
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1-ATrZC4o
>
>Problem is, that this is in evey 3th sale, and you have to try
>sometimes much values until you get the right one, and sometimes, like
>in the video you cannot even get right value and you have to change
>value of other product in sale. Other product in video is 18,9244 EUR.

Tryton is missing a sum preserving rounding algorithm for the
calculation of the total amount[1]. Unfortunately there is no 'good'
solution for your problem[2], there are just workarounds[1] which trying
to minimize the round-off error. Every workaround will also have small
errors but it is shown in the unit prices instead of the total amount.

Regards
Udo

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tryton/dyIpLhvzpXk/discussion
[2] http://www2.cs.cas.cz/~sima/trp.ps