TUL 201X

Jan Grasnick | Grasbauer UG

Mar 20, 2014, 5:14:47 PM3/20/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

talking with some friends about the ongoing shift of our hometown
Leipzig (now known as Hypezig - see [1-4]) I would like to invite you to
stay for the next TUL in Leipzig to experience the last days of a real
cool city :). As you know the german community is not than big comprared
to the potencials of tryton and the country itself. So I think a Tryton
Unconference in Germany can be the long missing kick off for us to
attract new interested parties - both developers and users.

Personally I would love going to Barcelona again - but I don't wanna
miss to post this idea to the tryton community.
So feel free to discuss this offer ...

[1] http://www.dw.de/leipzig-the-new-berlin/a-16491032
[2]
http://www.theatlanticcities.com/arts-and-lifestyle/2013/12/how-leipzig-became-hypezig/7837/
[3]
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/21/us-germany-leipzig-idUSBREA1K11C20140221
[4] http://lostinleipzig.com/2014/01/hypezig-really/

Nicolas Évrard

Mar 21, 2014, 9:32:47 AM3/21/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
* Jan Grasnick | Grasbauer UG [2014-03-20 22:14 +0100]:
>Hi all,

Hello Jan,

>talking with some friends about the ongoing shift of our hometown
>Leipzig (now known as Hypezig - see [1-4]) I would like to invite you
>to stay for the next TUL in Leipzig to experience the last days of a
>real cool city :). As you know the german community is not than big
>comprared to the potencials of tryton and the country itself. So I
>think a Tryton Unconference in Germany can be the long missing kick
>off for us to attract new interested parties - both developers and
>users.
>
>Personally I would love going to Barcelona again - but I don't wanna
>miss to post this idea to the tryton community. So feel free to
>discuss this offer ...

I have conflicted feelings about the principle of changing of location
every year.

On one hand I think that staying two years in the same place give to
people that did not have the opportunity to attend the first time
another chance to do it. Also the second year is usually better then
the first and this year in Barcelona was just wonderful.

On the other hand, touring Europe is a good way to have a lot of
people getting their first contact with Tryton and getting to know the
community without having to travel long distances. Something that
should also be taken into account is that organizing a conference two
year in row is probably asking too much to people that are doing it on
their free time and for no money.

So I'd like to thank you for this offer. It is with great pleasure
that I would go to Leipzig and grab some drinks there or in Barcelona
(or anywhere in fact as long as there is alcoholic beverages ;)).

--
Nicolas Évrard - B2CK SPRL
E-mail/Jabber: nicolas...@b2ck.com

Cédric Krier

Mar 21, 2014, 6:41:07 PM3/21/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
On 21 Mar 14:32, Nicolas Évrard wrote:
> * Jan Grasnick | Grasbauer UG [2014-03-20 22:14 +0100]:
> >Hi all,
>
> Hello Jan,
>
> >talking with some friends about the ongoing shift of our hometown
> >Leipzig (now known as Hypezig - see [1-4]) I would like to invite you
> >to stay for the next TUL in Leipzig to experience the last days of a
> >real cool city :). As you know the german community is not than big
> >comprared to the potencials of tryton and the country itself. So I
> >think a Tryton Unconference in Germany can be the long missing kick
> >off for us to attract new interested parties - both developers and
> >users.
> >
> >Personally I would love going to Barcelona again - but I don't wanna
> >miss to post this idea to the tryton community. So feel free to
> >discuss this offer ...
>
> I have conflicted feelings about the principle of changing of location
> every year.
>
> On one hand I think that staying two years in the same place give to
> people that did not have the opportunity to attend the first time
> another chance to do it. Also the second year is usually better then
> the first and this year in Barcelona was just wonderful.

But this supposes that the previous year team is willing to do it again.
So it will be good to hear about their will.

> On the other hand, touring Europe is a good way to have a lot of
> people getting their first contact with Tryton and getting to know the
> community without having to travel long distances. Something that
> should also be taken into account is that organizing a conference two
> year in row is probably asking too much to people that are doing it on
> their free time and for no money.

I agree that it is good for Tryton that such event travels around the
world.

So I propose that we collect applications of local team willing to
organize the TUx2014. And in some months (not too far), the Foundation
named one.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Albert Cervera i Areny

Mar 31, 2014, 3:16:29 AM3/31/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
> Hi all,
>
> talking with some friends about the ongoing shift of our hometown
> Leipzig (now known as Hypezig - see [1-4]) I would like to invite you to
> stay for the next TUL in Leipzig to experience the last days of a real
> cool city :). As you know the german community is not than big comprared
> to the potencials of tryton and the country itself. So I think a Tryton
> Unconference in Germany can be the long missing kick off for us to
> attract new interested parties - both developers and users.
>
> Personally I would love going to Barcelona again - but I don't wanna
> miss to post this idea to the tryton community.
> So feel free to discuss this offer ...

Sorry for the late reply. We'd like to organize it in Barcelona again,
you know, it's much easier now that we know the right places :)

Anyway, we talked in the foundation meeting today about listening to
all proposals until 30th April and have a decision by the foundation
during May. So we have Leipzig and Barcelona. Anybody else is willing
to organize one?

Note that everybody is free to organize a Tryton Unconference (we did
the Tryton Unconference Catalonia for several months, for example) but
in practice it's probable that there will be one yearly that has the
most attendees, it's this one we're talking about :)

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
Tel. 93 553 18 03

Axel Braun

Apr 28, 2014, 8:39:42 AM4/28/14
to try...@googlegroups.com
Am Montag, 31. März 2014, 09:16:29 schrieb Albert Cervera i Areny:
<jg...@grasbauer.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > talking with some friends about the ongoing shift of our hometown
> > Leipzig (now known as Hypezig - see [1-4]) I would like to invite you to
> > stay for the next TUL in Leipzig to experience the last days of a real
> > cool city :). As you know the german community is not than big comprared
> > to the potencials of tryton and the country itself. So I think a Tryton
> > Unconference in Germany can be the long missing kick off for us to
> > attract new interested parties - both developers and users.
> >
> > Personally I would love going to Barcelona again - but I don't wanna
> > miss to post this idea to the tryton community.
> > So feel free to discuss this offer ...
>
> Sorry for the late reply. We'd like to organize it in Barcelona again,
> you know, it's much easier now that we know the right places :)

Sounds good, appreciate it!

> Anyway, we talked in the foundation meeting today about listening to
> all proposals until 30th April and have a decision by the foundation
> during May. So we have Leipzig and Barcelona. Anybody else is willing
> to organize one?

As I've never been to Leipzig, it would be a new experience. And as Barcelona
is one of my favourite cities, I'd love to ge there again.
From that perspective, I cant decide between the two locations, and support
any decision.

Cheers
Axel