Restrict manual creation of account's journal type

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

May 21, 2018, 8:05:04 AM5/21/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When does a system administrator want to create an account journal type?

If I understand correctly the journal type is thought to be only created
by developers so it's possible to restrict which kind of journals are
applicable on some models. (I.E: Statement journals when importing an
statement journal).

I'm wondering if it will be great to restrict the creation of new
records from the User Interfice and allow only creation via xml. Does
anyone have any use case which requires a manual creation of a journal
type?

Some of our users created some journal types which only generated
confusion.

P.S: Probably the same is applicable for Sequence Type.
--
Sergi Almacellas Abellana
www.koolpi.com

Cédric Krier

May 21, 2018, 10:45:07 AM5/21/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would say it is a legacy of OpenERP and it should be replaced by a
selection field that Tryton can managed the modular extension correctly.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: cedric...@b2ck.com

Sergi Almacellas Abellana

May 21, 2018, 11:59:44 AM5/21/18
to try...@googlegroups.com
El 21/05/18 a les 16:41, Cédric Krier ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-05-21 14:05, Sergi Almacellas Abellana wrote:
>> When does a system administrator want to create an account journal type?
>>
>> If I understand correctly the journal type is thought to be only created
>> by developers so it's possible to restrict which kind of journals are
>> applicable on some models. (I.E: Statement journals when importing an
>> statement journal).
>>

>> I'm wondering if it will be great to restrict the creation of new
>> records from the User Interfice and allow only creation via xml. Does
>> anyone have any use case which requires a manual creation of a journal
>> type?
>>
>> Some of our users created some journal types which only generated
>> confusion.
>>
>> P.S: Probably the same is applicable for Sequence Type.
>
> I would say it is a legacy of OpenERP and it should be replaced by a
> selection field that Tryton can managed the modular extension correctly.

I thought so.
Just filled https://bugs.tryton.org/issue7451