Routes around SML

Jeffrey Petrinitz

Jul 22, 2014, 9:42:59 AM7/22/14
to Triadridelist
I would like to find some nice cycling routes around Smith Mountain Lake Virginia. Can any one give me a tutorial on how to search the various sites, such as, ridewithgps, mapmyride, and/or garmin connect, on how to find routes in areas that one has never ridden before. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated it.
Jeff

Sent from my iPad

Tim Kimrey

Jul 23, 2014, 2:17:58 PM7/23/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

SML is pretty big. Where are you going to be based? Ashley and I have discovered that near Union Hall there aren't a whole lot of riding options for loops since there are a lot of branches that terminate near the lake. We're also not impressed with the driving abilities of those around the area. We tend to head north toward Roanoke and ride there.

Tim Kimrey

Jul 23, 2014, 2:22:40 PM7/23/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
Also maybe reach out to these guys http://www.franklinfreewheelers.org/

Stephen Willis

Jul 23, 2014, 2:44:13 PM7/23/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
you want to go all the way around it? Either way, you can use ridewithgps to map out anything you like!