Revolution Cycles is MOVING!

Watts Dixon

Apr 21, 2014, 4:41:55 PM4/21/14
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody!
You may have heard the whispered rumors... or the excessively loud trumpeting... or some guy on a corner jabbering to himself.
But I'm here to tell you that everything you've heard- it's all true
Except the parts that aren't. (Or are they?)

REVOLUTION CYCLES is MOVING!
AGAIN!
ha.

Our last weekend in our current location will be Saturday April 26th.
(Yeah. That's like... this weekend. I'm not freaking out or anything.)
If everything goes according to "the plan", then we'll be up and running in our new digs on Saturday May 3rd.
(Yeah. That gives us like... a week. I'm not freaking out or anything.)

So...WHERE'S THE NEW SPACE?!!!
It's a secret.

Nah. Our new location will be 1907 Spring Garden Street, right across from Spring Garden Bakery and right next to It's Your Roll sushi by design.
It's only a mile from our current space, so we'll still be as convenient (or inconvenient) as ever. It's a pretty unassuming little building, but we want to make it the epicenter of awesome-town. I've been all over the new space for the past month -prepping and painting and second-guessing and freaking out and punching holes in walls, then prepping and painting again- trying to get as much as possible done. Still lots to do, but we're optimistic.

So, why the move? Especially during the busiest season?
For one: we've totally outgrown this space. On a slow day we're cluttered. On a busy day we're one bike away from losing our minds.

For another: Our lease was up, and the time was right to figure out what to do next. Renew and make do? Or take a big risk and see what happens? We opted for the latter.

And for another: I'm a restless fellow. I'm always looking for new challenges and for ways to shake things up.
While I'm happy with what we've built with Revolution, I know we can do it better.
I think the next iteration of Revolution is going to be pretty cool. New space, new stuff, new opportunities.
We're gaining about 1400 square feet of additional space, which will give us room to store bikes, streamline our repair setup and focus on making the showfloor awesome.

We're pretty excited, to say the least.

So: What you REALLY need to know
-This is our last weekend in the old space.
-Next week we'll be closed, but if you need to pick up a bike, drop something off, or pick random doodads up... we're around. Just give us a call.
-Saturday, May 3rd, unless the apocalypse comes, we'll be open for business as unusual.
-And most importantly, look forward to some exciting stuff in the next couple of months. Seriously. Like... wildest dreams exciting.

Can't wait to see you at the new shop.

 --
Watts Dixon
Kwizatz Haderach