Performance Greensboro Great Ride Series - Breast Cancer Ride Saturday 10/29/16 9 AM

PBS085

Oct 27, 2016, 8:02:24 PM10/27/16

Performance Bicycle Greensboro Great Ride Series Newsletter

Attention all cyclist, the ride you have been waiting for is here. This Saturday is our Ride For A Great Cause – to support Breast Cancer October 29th.  We are expecting more than 60 riders of all skill levels to participate. John will lead the 40 mile intermediate route and Tony leading a 20 mile beginner ride with a 10 mile option. Please join us for a great cause and lots of fun!!!

The store will be open at 8 AM and we encourage every to be here by 8:30. 3 adjacent parking lots available to accommodate everyone. Announcements prior to the ride which will leave promptly at 9 AM. Turn by turn directions provided for riders. No Registration Fee and Free Breakfast after the ride!!!

Just so you know we still have items for sale where contributions will go The American Cancer Society and research for Breast Cancer. All participants will be included in a raffle give away after the ride.

Lastly it may be cool out, so please stop by the store to check out our winter gear. Knee warmers, long fingered gloves, skull caps and much more are available to keep you warm during these cooler days. We have the gear you need at Performance!

Saturday’s GRS Ride Performance Greensboro:

Routes & Times:

§  8:30am meet at Performance

§  8:45am Announcements

§  9:00am all rides roll out

·         Est 18-20 miles, minimal climb

·         Est 35-40 miles, 1,000 ft. climb

Beginner Ride 9am

Tony Woznicki leading the beginner group our 15 to 25 mile ride at a relaxed pace of 10 to 14 mph.  The beginner ride is a no drop ride and regroups often including short breaks. Cycling communication and defensive bicycling techniques reviewed prior to each ride. Any kind of bike is great for this ride: Path/Hybrid, Road, Cross/Gravel or Mountain bikes!

Intermediate Ride 9am

John Erickson leading the Intermediate group, a 35 to 40 mile ride at a 15 to 18 mph pace.  Intermediate ride is a no drop ride and regroups as needed.

Be sure that everyone stops in the store to sign our safety form prior to each ride. Helmets are required and bright clothes are highly recommended.

Start Location: Performance Bicycle 1424 Westover Terrace

Bring: Please bring a helmet, water, hydration/nutrition, extra tube & CO2 or hand pump.

For More Info

Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Performance-Great-Ride-Series-Greensboro

Facebook: http://facebook.com/PerformanceBicycle/Greensboro

Looking forward to riding with everyone this weekend!

Tony Woznicki

Operations Manager

Group Ride Leader

cid:image002.png@01D06F8A.332A3B00

1424 Westover Terrace

Suite 102
Greensboro, NC 27408

(336) 790-5350 Phone

(336) 790-5354 Fax

cid:image003.png@01D06F8A.332A3B00   cid:image004.png@01D06F8A.332A3B00   cid:image005.png@01D06F8A.332A3B00   cid:image006.png@01D06F8A.332A3B00  cid:image007.png@01D06F8A.332A3B00

PERFORMANCEBIKE.COM

Be sure to join our Meetup group to stay updated, meet other Great Ride Series cyclists and RSVP for group rides! Even on your phone! http://www.meetup.com/Performance-Great-Ride-Series-Greensboro/

Meetup.com app for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meetup&hl=en

Meetup.com app for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meetup-groups-near-you-that/id375990038?mt=8

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. The information is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message.