Was: Steel frame etc. Now TORPADO!

Dale B Brown

Sep 22, 2017, 12:09:54 AM9/22/17
to fritz...@gmail.com, Cycling Triad
This is a VERY nice bike by Torpado of Padova Italy.

We sold these bikes in-the-day, and they were much nicer than most bikes of that era. But I see a front reflector bracket so we did not sell this one.

 This model has Columbus tubing and some Campagnolo parts, "pantographed" (engraved) stem, seat post and chain ring I think. They were very nicely made & well worth fixing up IMO.

We have an equally big Torpado in our shop on consignment, priced at $490. which may be too high. I am thinking $250-300 for a bike needing so much TLC to get back in tip top shape...

Here's the page in the Classic Rendezvous that talks about these bikes...

Dale

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Fritz Wang <fritz...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm helping a neighbor sell a bike he bought new in the early 80's. He rode it a couple times and then hung it up in his garage. It is completely original and untouched. Therefore it will need some work to make it road worthy again, and a fair bit more to make it pretty.

1982-1984 Torpado Super Strada
The frame size is larger. He's six foot and a couple or three inches. I'd guess in the mid to upper 50's cm range.

Take a look at the pictures.  I can provide more pictures and/or measurements if you're interested. If it looks good, make an offer. He doesn't want to let it waste away in his garage (any further), but he doesn't want to give it away either.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Fritz

Dale Brown
cycles de ORO, Inc.