Mt. Rogers, VA - 2-Bike Camping Trip - JULY 6-9, 2017

Mary Hughes

Feb 16, 2017, 2:40:05 PM2/16/17
to triadc...@googlegroups.com
For the FOURTH year (we do love to make traditions) we are gathering for a group cyclelogical session, high on the side of Mt. Rogers, VA, in the Beartree Recreation Area.  We fill up about half of the Chipmunk Circle in the campground, and do our best not to get kicked out for being obnoxiously silly.  It's one helluva fun week-end, and it's open to the Triad Ride List for free!

MT. ROGERS 2-BIKE CAMPING TRIP
BEARTREE RECREATION AREA
7 MILES EAST OF DAMASCUS, VA

JULY 6 - 9, 2017

Attractions:
  • Virginia Creeper Rails-to-Trails path
  • Gnarly mountain biking - Iron Mtn. Trail
  • Hiking with wild shetland ponies atop Massey Gap
  • Hearing Tim Kimrey sing obscure R&R lyrics
  • Shootin' the sheet & playin' CornHole at the Damascus Brewery
  • Delicious group dinners at Hughes HQ
  • Bucolic bike rides around Damscus
I procure the food for Friday & Saturday dinners.  The costs are split per person, but it's usually $15 each (total).  We go out to eat the first night.  The campsites are $24/night.  Add gas, and it's still a cheap-o week-end.

Not everyone does everything at the same time.   The group splits into cycling, hiking, etc. each day.

Yes, I have cue sheets.

Reserve a campsite: Rick & I are in Site 29.  Book yourselves as close, or far away as you prefer.  https://www.recreation.gov/camping/beartree/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70788

Campground map:

AND PLEASE, LET US KNOW YOU'RE COMING!